Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy ways of meeting women?

Well there's no doubt, but what if this is the first time I've laid eyes on you? I've no idea the kind of person you are, just the Cute girl at the Super market. that's all I have to work with, and from my point of view, that's enough to cause me to hesitate.

Most pretty girls are quite intimidating =) even if they're super friendly.

Guest Gemeaux
Well there's no doubt, but what if this is the first time I've laid eyes on you? I've no idea the kind of person you are, just the Cute girl at the Super market. that's all I have to work with, and from my point of view, that's enough to cause me to hesitate.

I know what you mean , I'd never just walk up to a guy I'm too scared to do that . But if a guy was nice and polite , and just said hello I wouldn't thick it's weird and I'd be happy to talk . In fact , if a guy talks to me and looks a bit nervous I think it's cute .

Guest Gemeaux
Are you talking about the initial meeting? If I talk to you, and I don't know you, it probably means I find you attractive enough to take you out atleast once and see what happens.

But to the original topic: Starbucks as cliched as it is. I met a cute little nerdy girl there but it didn't work out because of ex issues with her and stuff.

I don't know , if people talk to me I just think they are being nice .

Good ol Starbucks !

In fact , if a guy talks to me and looks a bit nervous I think it's cute .

Heh, you've just described my first time talking to a cute girl who placed me on one of her pics, I was stumbling over my words and tried to get to know her, although it blew up in my face, I guess she didn't find my nervousness in talking to her, cute. :P

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I agree with the role-playing comment. Geeky clubs in general. All my boyfriends, I have met through role-playing, LARPing, or the sci-fi/fantasy club I used to run. Places I have also found interesting guys - the board games club, the anime club, local steampunk group, and my German Longsword class. Unfortunately, I know the gender balance is often tilted my way at such things. :(

Gigs are also good. Lot of cute geeks at the Amanda Palmer concert. Standing in line waiting to meet her and Neil Gaiman, would've given my number to one or two of the people I was waiting with if they'd asked. Just get out to fun stuff, and try to be outgoing a bit! It can be tough, but it falls flat surprisingly rarely. Best way to do it is just get them talking about themselves. Everyone loves talking about themselves. And listen, so you can ask good questions, and then you'll find out you both love Angelic Layer and Go Betty Go and BAM, soulmates.

This is kinda frustrating XD I am not that kind of Geek. I find that I spend a lot of time to myself and I'm pretty introverted. Most of my time is spent learning new things and spending time to myself. I enjoy science but I lack any social activities that share many mutual interests. I have the hardest time finding a person that enjoys what I do. I haven't had an excited conversation with anyone about anything but science in the last few years >.<

E.g. I love video games.. but mostly just classic stuff or the occasional Japanese game. Talking to gamers frustrates me because we often start talking about games that I really don't like and then I end up misleading people into thinking that I play them! Hour long conversation about how amazing Call of Duty is ensues and I die a little inside. I guess I just have to be more assertive XD

ANOTHER Issue is it's impossible to peg an actual nerdy girl and not just someone who likes to pretend their nerdy. It seems like it's a bit of a fashion trend these days. I find the most nerdy girls I've met look the least nerdy >.>

This is kinda frustrating XD I am not that kind of Geek. I find that I spend a lot of time to myself and I'm pretty introverted. Most of my time is spent learning new things and spending time to myself. I enjoy science but I lack any social activities that share many mutual interests. I have the hardest time finding a person that enjoys what I do. I haven't had an excited conversation with anyone about anything but science in the last few years >.<

How about a new class? I mean, I made a lot of new friends when I decided to go back to college. You might find someone who is as passionate about science as you.

Or maybe you could do a completely different class, something unrelated to science. You'll still be learning something new, so even if it doesn't work in terms of romance, hey, at least you broadened your horizons.

Heh, you've just described my first time talking to a cute girl who placed me on one of her pics, I was stumbling over my words and tried to get to know her, although it blew up in my face, I guess she didn't find my nervousness in talking to her, cute. :P

this happened to me, talking to cute girls growing up, but i was also pitching a tent in my pants... no girl i ever met thought that was cute during a first encounter... i'm sure more than one wanted to call the cops... is that a crime...?

wasn't like i was doing it on purpose... :(

today, i don't care... if it happens i'll just hang a "do not disturb" sign on it...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Guest Gemeaux
this happened to me, talking to cute girls growing up, but i was also pitching a tent in my pants... no girl i ever met thought that was cute during a first encounter... i'm sure more than one wanted to call the cops... is that a crime...?

wasn't like i was doing it on purpose... :(

today, i don't care... if it happens i'll just hang a "do not disturb" sign on it...

That is kind of adorable in a weird way .

That is kind of adorable in a weird way .

yeah... That's us... Weird...

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Good weird !

"We are our Harshest Critic" although weirdness can be seen as a good thing, we often tear ourselves down.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Didn't mean to be offensive , sorry :(

lol, no I didn't mean it like that, I'm telling you how it is from my perspective. You see, I know I'm weird, but my fear is that the Weirdness within me would drive you away.... Common fear, that's all.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Guest Gemeaux

Oh ok :) phew

I think if your weirdness drives someone away , they are not worth it . I'm weird , and I think a lot of guys get put off by that . Fly the freak flag high !

Oh ok :) phew

I think if your weirdness drives someone away , they are not worth it . I'm weird , and I think a lot of guys get put off by that . Fly the freak flag high !

lol, yeah, no worries I've got thicker skin than that :P

Although that's true, the fear is unfounded, which sorta makes it harder to overcome, but yeah... If I find a girl who's weird, I think I'd find it fascinating moreso than anything else.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I prefer Chocolate. ^_^

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I would suggest this book http://www.amazon.com/The-Game-Penetrating-Society-Artists/dp/0060554738/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333373349&sr=8-1 To anybody that has problems meeting and getting to know girls. Put aside the cheezzy lines they use in the book. It's all about bettering yourself , going out of your "secure zone". You can read the FAQ in www.reddit.com/r/seduction ,too. It's a great community. Since I read this book and couple others, I have turned my life around. It's great fun and not only for me.. for the girls I meet, too. Just be social, fun and for the love of god ... have a good hygiene. It really doesn't matter what you look like or how fat is your wallet (Of course it still helps :D ).

EDIT: I read the whole thread and it looks like it's focused where to meet chicks.. The best place to meet women, is on the street. Yes... you heard me good. The streets during the day is the easiest way to meet girls.. If you saw a girl, just go and tell her that... That's it. What is the worst thing it will happen ? She will say No thanks ? Big deal, still better then regrating that you chickend out later.

PS. If somebody needs to ask or just talk about this stuff, you can PM me about it. No problems at all.. Been there, done that :).

EDIT2: Just posting this couple of clips to show you that it doesn't matter what you say or how you are dressed (also - supper funny)

In the beginning was the Word,

and the Word was "Arrrgh!"

—PIRATICUS 13:7

Fitocracy