Forums are back in action! ×

5 months on...

So since about August last year (after knee surgery) I've been on a bit of a "loose some weight you fat barstard" journey. I've always kept relatively fit, but struggled with weight, mainly due to poor diet and regular injuries which kept me from training continuously.

I moved to a 85-90% paleo diet and just kept up my regular training (Trail Running, CrossFit, Outrigger, BJJ and Mountain Biking) I haven't got a photo from when I first started at 118kg, but in the photos below I was 102kg in November and now in April 97kg. I've noticed my speed is increasing (especially in BJJ) and I don't feel as wrecked after my runs now... training morning and nights most days - up to about 2-4hours a day (7 days - with the odd rest session / day in there if I've had a particularly hard session)

novapr_progress.jpg

I still aim to get down to roughly about 92kg for comp / race weight, so still a bit of a journey ahead of me yet, but this is the lightest I've been in about 15years. Feels good man!

Guest Tigger

Congrats, man! That is some awesome progress!

Your shoulder muscles are inspiring me to learn how to do a proper push press...because they are EPIC

Also, did you grow a mustache? (can't tell if it's just the camera or not)

Keep up the good work :)