Forums are back in action! ×

caloric dificit

hey guys.

im having trouble with the fact that i seemingly burn 3469,024 calories if i stay in bed?

bmr: 2238.o8

Harris Benedict Formula faktor: x1.55

=3469,024

lean mass :153,4

following mark sissons equations for ken korg in the primal blue print, he notes ken needs to have a dificit of 932 calories.

and kelly korg 894...

my question is how does he work that out??

please help this retard figure it out:ambivalence:

all the best

villains sleep with prostitutes

hereos sleep with destiny

current weight 1o6,8kg

I don't know, and all those numbers made me a little sleepy.

Are you trying to figure it out for fun, or are you trying to figure out how much you actually would burn if you stayed in bed? If it's the latter, someone turned me on to this cool little thingy http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

The Harris-Benedict Formula scales your BMR (calories burned at rest) by your level of physical activity. Your BMR is the "stay in bed" number; if you did nothing at all, your body would still need 2238 calories to maintain function. A H-B factor of 1.55 puts you at "moderately active" (moderate exercise or sports 3-5 days/week).

I'm not familiar with Mark Sisson's exact formulas, but a ~1000 calorie/day deficit would put your weight loss at 2 pounds(1kg)/week. Most plans cap the daily deficit at 500 calories, both for performance and pacing reasons. A huge deficit will begin to affect your workouts, mood, and overall wellbeing. At a 500 calorie deficit, you're still losing a pound per week, but don't have to make major cuts in your diet.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

This is common: you work out your too-big number (factoring in activity), then track activity, assume it's added to that figure, calorie count and wonder why you're not losing weight..!

Either track individual activity (with, say, an HRM set up for your mass and fitness) OR use Harris-Benedict to average over the week.

Personally, 500 is doable, but a deficit over 1000 and I go on a crave-binge-Taz frenzy of hunger and feasting. Your ability to handle hunger will be key (kinda obviously). The old standard method was to get half your burn from reduced intake and half from increased activity; I dunno if the New Wisdom is any different...

If math is your friend, weigh yourself every day, set a moving average trendline, and calculate what your BMR is based off your calorie data and the observed results. 1 lb lost = 3500 calories.

A deficit of 1000 is no big deal. The perception of the difficulty of the deficit mostly has to do with the quantity of food you eat. The more you burn, the more you can eat. When I had a lot to lose my body handled a deficit of 1250 for a while without issue (accidentally, an after the fact calculation, I've never purposely had a deficit greater than 1000).

I'm holding a deficit of 1000 cal/day right now, losing 2 lb/wk (and have been >6 mo), and am in the 12%-13% BF area. I also workout >1.5 hrs/day, every day of the week.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

If math is your friend, weigh yourself every day, set a moving average trendline, and calculate what your BMR is based off your calorie data and the observed results. 1 lb lost = 3500 calories.

Are you able to go into a little more detail on this process? I look at it and then my maths ability and well, they do not match.... Perhaps a mini example?

Oz.

Are you able to go into a little more detail on this process? I look at it and then my maths ability and well, they do not match.... Perhaps a mini example?

Oz.

Count your calories that you consume and burn off during workouts. Weight yourself every day. Try to be as accurate as possible with both of these. Take a rolling average of your weight to account for natural fluctuations, i.e. for each day, average it's weight, the previous 3 days, and the next 3 days. Then, you use the following equation to solve for your metabolism.

M=metabolism

C=calories consumed

B=calories burned from working out

W=weight change (negative for weight loss)

(C-M-B)/3500=W

You are solving for M, so if we isolate that, then the equation looks like this

M=C-B-3500W

The longer period of time that you do this over, the more accurate it will be. You can also check out his post on this, in which he does his own thing which he finds to be more accurate.

http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?9382-Carb-and-Fat-Only-BMR

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal