Forums are back in action! ×

Song of Ice and Fire discussion (spoilers)

Now THAT is an interesting theory! I like that. And Jon and Arya are also said to favor each other, too, out of the Stark children - the rest tend to take after the Tully heritage.

If you read back through the books with that theory in mind, it becomes very clear that Jon is Lyanna and Rhaegar's son.

And the Hound! The Hound is ALIVE! Very curious to see what happens with him...

If we agree that Jon is a Targaryen, and if he survives in human form, what is the possibility of a marriage or other alliance to Danaerys - knowing how the Targaryens wed sister to brother for generations? Will they rule together, uniting the Night's Watch and her own army?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Level 3: Outcast, Tweets, Pinterest, "Nerd? We prefer the term Intellectual Badass"

If we agree that Jon is a Targaryen, and if he survives in human form, what is the possibility of a marriage or other alliance to Danaerys - knowing how the Targaryens wed sister to brother for generations? Will they rule together, uniting the Night's Watch and her own army?

It is a Song of Ice (Jon) and Fire (Dany) after all :) Would love this if happened.

Or could mean a war, with the literal named sword Ice versus a dragon's fire.

just keep on trucking...

It is a Song of Ice (Jon) and Fire (Dany) after all :) Would love this if happened.

Or could mean a war, with the literal named sword Ice versus a dragon's fire.

I realize that unless something in the story is pointed out by GRRM himself then it may not be true, but it was strongly hinted that Ice was melted down and reforged into Jaime's sword.

Arya definitely has a role to play yet, my guess is a big one. Although Sansa may come out as the one in charge before the whole series is over since she's learning everything from Little Finger, but I feel like it's just a matter of time until he creeps out on her (even more than he already has).

Anyone have any thoughts on other candidates for the third dragon rider (assuming Jon is the second)?

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

I thought about him, he does seem the obvious choice. But I'm like you, not sure if he's real, or if he'll survive to see that fight out since he's already started his war. I don't think anyone else has been revealed to have Targaryen blood though.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Perhaps we haven't met the 3rd rider yet. I'm thinking someone from Dorne/Oldtown. Too much emphasis on the Martells to not end in something. Also, we have yet to see Rickon, after Davos hopefully rescues him from Skagos. That's got to be one messed-up kid, he was always unruly, plus Shaggydog is the wildest of all the direwolves. A year on Skagos will turn Rickon into some kind of monster.

just keep on trucking...

Rickon / Shaggydog might be a wrecking crew now ha!

On the third rider we're all assuming all three dragons survive to get riders. I could easily see one dying before Dany gets out of all of the slaver cities.

We also seem to have lost track of Sam Tarly...

I think that Jon will be closer to Bran and whichever god he represents than R'hlorr. Mostly because I feel that Melisandre is going to try and kill Bran at somepoint.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Can I just say how happy this thread makes me? I've DEVOURED the whole series (and liked a Dance of Dragons) and caught the first of Series 2 of the show last night..... it's really, really difficult trying to explain to someone who wasn't paying attention last season (that would be my husband) what the hell is going on :)

"Work towards beauty, but don't avoid ugliness."

Can I just say how happy this thread makes me? I've DEVOURED the whole series (and liked a Dance of Dragons) and caught the first of Series 2 of the show last night..... it's really' date=' really difficult trying to explain to someone who wasn't paying attention last season (that would be my husband) what the hell is going on :)[/quote']

Yay! Any theories to offer up?

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

just keep on trucking...

Can we talk about the Hound? Where is he going to turn up?

Will it be the Hound who takes out the Mountain now that he's a golem?

I'm kind of dying to find out. :)

Arya's training is prepping her for one final fight with the Hound? Since she left him for dead and all...

Thinking Qyburn will somehow screw that up...Robert Strong-I mean he can never take off his helmet, others on the Kingsguard bound to get suspicious.

just keep on trucking...

Arya's training is prepping her for one final fight with the Hound? Since she left him for dead and all...

Thinking Qyburn will somehow screw that up...Robert Strong-I mean he can never take off his helmet, others on the Kingsguard bound to get suspicious.

Yeah, I can't see how no one will figure out Robert Strong either. It's kind of a small world for all its size...

I don't think Arya and the Hound will fight. It looks to me like he's on the path to redemption, somehow; but I don't think he and Arya are done with each other just yet.

Yeah, I feel like the hound is going to end up, not necessarily good, but less bad. I was really hoping Sam would show up in a Dance of Dragons, but no such luck. I hope Arya takes out Cersei, the sooner the better too.

I have a feeling Howland Reed is going to be important with all the images of magickery...The fact three or four (can Rickon?) of the Stark kids can warg into other stuff may indicate they're part greenseers? Who was Ned's mother? We know his father was Rickard...

just keep on trucking...