Forums are back in action! ×

What men love about women

So you may be saying "But that's the mans job!". There is a chance that if this guy hasn't asked you out that he is either unaware of your feelings, or just too shy too say anything. Now you may be worried "what if he doesn't feel the same and I get embarrassed?" I don't think many guys would shoot you down nearly as bad as some women shot me down (yay for personal experience). For us that's an awesome occurrence in the day. Many girls think that the dating line is a line that once crossed its over.  Many of my past girlfriends are still really good friends of mine.  Asking a guy out and him saying no doesn't mean that you can never talk to him again.

I finally got the courage to ask a guy out a few months ago...I have never asked a guy out before this, they always ask me.  It took me a few months to work up the nerve to ask him because I always put it off and I would create a "worst case scenario" kind of thing when I though about it.  You know the whole laugh in my face, push me in the mud, and kick dirt in my eyes kind of thoughts.  It didn't turn out like that at all.

I did the whole "20 seconds of courage" thing and asked him out for beers and food one day. Unfortunately after all my waiting and procrastinating I was too late.  He had already started seeing someone else a few weeks earlier.  He "denied" me in such a gracious way though and said he would have totally been up for it but he was already seeing someone else.  

I was amazed at how I felt.  I didn't care as much that he told me no, well just a little, I was ecstatic that I actually asked a guy out and lived to tell the tale!  No mud or dirt in the eyes whatsoever! 

Thinking about talking to another guy or asking one out still terrifies the hell out of me, but now that I have done it once and things turned out ok I can probably do it again.

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

^ Damn lady, you ARE gutsy. Lol. I would probably never, never ever do that.

I sense everything around me (like spiderman) all the different dynamics, who's checking who out - what type of person is around me - without ever lifting my eyes and staring at them. So I know automatically when someone is or isn't into me - and adjust myself accordingly depending on my life situation. But I don't think I could ever ask out a dude that I'm attracted to. I'd MAYBE be able to speak a few words to him, like hi, hello - but nothing more.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Ok Guys/Men.  What is the best way to approach/talk to your species for the first time?  What do we say?  A simple greeting?  A cheesy pickup line?  Break in to song and dance?

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

I met a guy once- and the  next time I was in his area I walked into his shop with a sharpie and wrote my number on his hand and walked out- tossing over my shoulder- I'm free this weekend.

He never called me.

But it was the best 15 seconds EVER.

Very nice! I definitely would have called back just to be like "You know that was really gutsy what you did."

And Elder that's great! Life's to short to worry about something that will only affect a few moments of it, so best just go for it.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Ok Guys/Men.  What is the best way to approach/talk to your species for the first time?  What do we say?  A simple greeting?  A cheesy pickup line?  Break in to song and dance?

What's the best way to approach you?  Chances are that will be just fine (unless its break into song and dance.  Maybe then just say hi.)

Just like women, every guy is different.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

For me honesty. What are you looking to get from this?

You want to go on a date? Say hi HIS NAME, I am YOUR NAME. I was thinking we could get (LUNCH/DINNER/etc) sometime.  Here is my number.

Something like ^^^ says exactly what your looking for.  A date.

You want to take it slow or don't know him that well yet but want to see more of him?  Hi my names X, (insert general conversation starter). If the conversation goes smoothly you can either drop your number, or if you see him regularly tie that in.  Like if you see him at a coffee shop say maybe we can get coffee sometime?

This says ^^^ hey this person is interested in learning more about me.

Things not to do? Message him on facebook... That just screams creepy. In fact stay off his facebook page.  Resist the urge! You want to learn about him from him right?

Those should be easy enough right?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

For me honesty. What are you looking to get from this?

You want to go on a date? Say hi HIS NAME, I am YOUR NAME. I was thinking we could get (LUNCH/DINNER/etc) sometime.  Here is my number.

Something like ^^^ says exactly what your looking for.  A date.

You want to take it slow or don't know him that well yet but want to see more of him?  Hi my names X, (insert general conversation starter). If the conversation goes smoothly you can either drop your number, or if you see him regularly tie that in.  Like if you see him at a coffee shop say maybe we can get coffee sometime?

This says ^^^ hey this person is interested in learning more about me.

Things not to do? Message him on facebook... That just screams creepy. In fact stay off his facebook page.  Resist the urge! You want to learn about him from him right?

Those should be easy enough right?

Dude just write an ebook and that should save a lot of time lol.

I've been using the 20 seconds of courage thing for a while now, but it's not working out, I haven't gotten any yes's but I'm no longer sitting around saying "Ah I wish I asked her out". Hopefully it'll improve when I move to Canada!

I would love if a woman just walked up to me and started talking to me about whatever's going on, a nice engaging conversation, but that can vary depending on so many variables, but an open, honest conversation that doesn't, EVER, start with "Do you want to buy me a drink?". The last time a girl said that to me I just didn't want to talk to her at all, it's a horrible intro which equates to "Are you a sucker, if I bat my eyelashes at you will you be a sucker?"

A song and dance can be a great intro though...I wouldn't be adverse to it, I remember women who sing and dance to me.

Go BIG, or go home.

lol no I meant it as a compliment..meaning your good at giving thorough advice so you might as well write a book about it.

Haha thanks I guess!

cn3ewton if you do write a book, can I get a free copy?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I am a weird'o that lives in the woods and makes swords so take this with a grain of salt, but just do it! For me, at least, it isn't about a pickup line, song and dance, or anything that says "hey I am trying to impress you". It is about the confidence to walk up to someone and say "hi" followed by something that caught your attention, drew you in, or even just babble to signify you saw something that you enjoyed and are trying to engage them. I think we live in an age were there is so much pressure, demands and expectations that it is hard figure this stuff out. But if you are a "real" person, and you present yourself as such, than a "real" person will pick up on that, enjoy it, and you can both run with it. :)

On the flip side I am planning on taking a trip into Canada this summer so if you want someone to practice on I can volunteer to be a test subject!

To address the thread question, I have been trying the online dating thing for quite a while with not much luck, but when a woman says "I'm not a skinny girl, I'm built for strength" it makes me smile :)

Race - Elf                                                STR - 3                    DEX - 2

Class - Ranger                                        STA - 3                    CON - 2

Level - 0                                                  WIS - 3                    CHA - 2

I've been using the 20 seconds of courage thing for a while now, but it's not working out, I haven't gotten any yes's but I'm no longer sitting around saying "Ah I wish I asked her out". Hopefully it'll improve when I move to Canada!

I would love if a woman just walked up to me and started talking to me about whatever's going on, a nice engaging conversation, but that can vary depending on so many variables, but an open, honest conversation that doesn't, EVER, start with "Do you want to buy me a drink?". The last time a girl said that to me I just didn't want to talk to her at all, it's a horrible intro which equates to "Are you a sucker, if I bat my eyelashes at you will you be a sucker?"

A song and dance can be a great intro though...I wouldn't be adverse to it, I remember women who sing and dance to me.

what about the intro line...."i just farted"....

Level 1 Elf Adventurer STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

I think to talk to all of us, guys, as Michael says, we're not complex, a conversation starter can be as simple as a "Hello, what's going on?" We are but men, we're not that complex to initiate conversation with. ^_^

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

what about the intro line...."i just farted"....

I sense a great disturbance in the force...

Race - Elf                                                STR - 3                    DEX - 2

Class - Ranger                                        STA - 3                    CON - 2

Level - 0                                                  WIS - 3                    CHA - 2

My wife and I met via online dating.  Good luck good sir!

Yes!!! Congrats! My friends keep telling me that online dating is for people looking to hook-up, not for relationships, and I keep wanting to prove them wrong. I think putting yourself out there, as well as mentally putting out what you are looking for is important, and not easy!

LOL You'd be surprised where you met people... my current friends are all from internet forums.  my BF i met online- on our sport bike forum- I was trying to buy his leather pants I needed for a track day.  ;)  makes a great story.

All my other friends I met through that web site- a horse one or a dance one.  

I'm a talker- I'll talk to anyone- I crack little jokes about ANYTHING about any subject in line- I just straight start talking to people.  Open with a soft ball joke about something... or I like to go to the extreme- if I'm accidentally in some one's way- or perceive to be in their way (often in a shopping environmental  I'll go- excuse my while I get up all in your way here... I have to have my XXXXX product or you know- I just go a little crazy.... well I'm crazy already but coffee-less me is a whole new level of crazy.  

something like that -it's either a big hit or people laugh and walk off.  

you guys are all into fitness- make a fitness comment next time you see a girl- I'm really sorry I don't mean to be rude- but you have the most amazing calves (calves are safe)- do you lift/crossfit/run/parkour etc etc.... or you have the most amazing shoulders  do you parkour- or rock climb?  no I just do spin class- whatever- it's an opening- all you need is a little opening to get the door started.  :)