Forums are back in action! ×

What men love about women

In that case, you very well might be successful.

Oh, another thing I love in a woman is a woman who doesn't hide behind being a woman. Yes, certain activities are male dominated, but anyone can do them! I don't like the "I can't do that, I'm a girl" attitude. A woman who will go do a cross country 10k run or get her hands dirty. I love that!

Go BIG, or go home.

Not looking for success, just tons of laughter. 

I would equate tons of laughter to tons of success! 

Completely agree Irish. For me "gender roles" are obsolete, I want a woman who I can look at eye to eye as my equal and one who balances out my weakness with her strength, and one for whom I can do the same.  

Race - Elf                                                STR - 3                    DEX - 2

Class - Ranger                                        STA - 3                    CON - 2

Level - 0                                                  WIS - 3                    CHA - 2

Yes!!! Congrats! My friends keep telling me that online dating is for people looking to hook-up, not for relationships, and I keep wanting to prove them wrong. I think putting yourself out there, as well as mentally putting out what you are looking for is important, and not easy!

Ha, yeah, it worked for that for a while too.  Really, its just like anywhere, you'll meet some people that aren't worth your time, you'll meet some people that completely misrepresent themselves, you'll meet some awesome people.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

I've been using the 20 seconds of courage thing for a while now, but it's not working out, I haven't gotten any yes's but I'm no longer sitting around saying "Ah I wish I asked her out". Hopefully it'll improve when I move to Canada!

I am sure you will have better luck in Canada, a lot of women I know swoon over "foreigners with accents".

I am a weird'o that lives in the woods and makes swords so take this with a grain of salt, but just do it! For me, at least, it isn't about a pickup line, song and dance, or anything that says "hey I am trying to impress you". It is about the confidence to walk up to someone and say "hi" followed by something that caught your attention, drew you in, or even just babble to signify you saw something that you enjoyed and are trying to engage them. I think we live in an age were there is so much pressure, demands and expectations that it is hard figure this stuff out. But if you are a "real" person, and you present yourself as such, than a "real" person will pick up on that, enjoy it, and you can both run with it. :)

On the flip side I am planning on taking a trip into Canada this summer so if you want someone to practice on I can volunteer to be a test subject!

Which part of Canada?

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

I can tell you what guys want most about a girl! For them to be single! Haha...

Swing and a miss today... She has a boyfriend. Oh well there are more out there! Somewhere...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I am sure you will have better luck in Canada, a lot of women I know swoon over "foreigners with accents".

Which part of Canada?

Undisclosed/unplanned so far. I am still waiting to hear back about crewing on a viking longship in Norway. http://den.vikingkings.com Ya, I know.... :)

I can tell you what guys want most about a girl! For them to be single! Haha...

Swing and a miss today... She has a boyfriend. Oh well there are more out there! Somewhere...

Ohhh ohhh, and within close-or-so proximity too!

Race - Elf                                                STR - 3                    DEX - 2

Class - Ranger                                        STA - 3                    CON - 2

Level - 0                                                  WIS - 3                    CHA - 2

Which part of Canada?

Hahaha, I'm totally banking on Canadian women loving my Irish accent and that'll be my "in" with them and then my natural charm and wit (fart jokes) will win them over for me!

Go BIG, or go home.

makes me wonder what the hook up rate is on nerd fitness.....

<giggity>

I was just reading their conversation and thought the same thing!... even the giggity part! :P

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

yeah- but it's a gereric one.

I know on my sport bike forum there have been a couple meet ups/hook ups.  Actually one of my internet friends moved from FL to DE to essentially be closer to one of our mods- who they met in FL when he was there for work and she was at the tail end of her other relationship- they are stupid happy now.

I'm glad for her- she's in her 40's and while she looks amazing- it's still hard at that age to find people.  Also super glad because it meant I could met her for the first time eva!

That's where I met my BF- we've been going on for 2.5 years.  (Although- he's getting on my nerves of late- I'm looking at a 6 month window currently of loosing my patience with him!)

Have you talked to him I-Jo?

A lot of guys kind of just get into a routine and don't think about it.  If you talk to him he might try to change...

As far as meeting up, there is a generic section of the forum for it. But according to the map there isn't anyone in my area... Maybe I should post my location and be the first haha.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I've mentioned it a few times- I'm not a nag.  I'm a little heated because of something he said the other day- and I admit- he said something and I translated it into something similar but not the same- very much a guys don't speak the same language as women sometimes moment.

we live 2 hours apart- and we can't have serious conversations on the phone- they escalate very quickly out of control. not sure why it is- but it is- we can handle most things in person but serious shit on the phone doesn't work.  and his weekend is Wed/Thur... mine is Sat/Sun.  I work 8AM-430PM- he works 3 PM- 11 PM.  It gets complicated sometimes.

sigh. oh well- don't want to clutter up the forum with my nonsense.  plus don't like airing my dirty laundry too much LOL.  it is the internetz after all. :)

Although you're right I-Jo about airing out said dirty laundry on the Netz, I always thought that you're free to ask/rant/vent at least to someone. 

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

LOL 

yes- I can and do- but I do try to limit the personal venting about HIM.  for various reasons.

We talked it out last night over sushi- well- he had hibachi and I had sushi LOL

He apparently (I THINK at least) needs to work on his communication skills- which I called his ass out on- but hopefully he learned a valuable lesson about the VAST difference between how men and women communicate.