Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone. I'm 20 years old right now and weigh about 180. Last year, I was doing really well. I exercised hard three times a week and I limited my calories (I didn't eat really healthy) to 2000 per day. I got down to 150 pounds. This past year I had a backlash. The stresses of life plus the unmanageable diet really destroyed me. It's kind of hard to bounce back from that. This whole year I've been eating like crap and not exercising. I gave up soda two years ago, but recently I started drinking it again.

Good tasting unhealthy food gives me comfort. I don't know exactly what emotion causes me to eat terribly, but that's something I'm going to pay attention to this next week. Either way, it has proven tough to get back on track. Part of the problem is that I was on an upward spiral last year. I had so much motivation to improve all areas of my life. This past year I've been on a downward spiral. When you go from amazing to terrible, you start to lose confidence in yourself. When I fail my diets again and again, I don't believe in myself anymore. Don't get me wrong, consciously I know I can do it. The problem is I don't think I believe it unconsciously.

I guess the best way for me to get fit is to be more involved, so here I am!

Welcome,

i suffer from from anxiety and depression so I can be an emotional eater as well.

you've made a great decision on reaching out and trying to improve your life. 

There are tons of great people on the board so make sure to ask any questions you come up with.

Hi @Boony   I see you haven't been around since joining, but if you come back then please feel free to hit me up.  I've been where you are right now and can sympathise. It's tough when everything seems stacked against us but sometimes all it takes is for one thing to change and everything else starts to follow on.  Kinda like dominoes. 

Ciao for now. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously