Forums are back in action! ×

Well, I am going to join the rebellion! I'm not getting any younger and I'm certainly not getting any healthier with my current lifestyle, so something has to change. 

Genetics are not on my side - we have too much diabetes, fatty liver, and heart disease in the family. My liver numbers are up and I'm getting close to insulin resistance if not already there. If I make it to retirement (still many years away) I want to be healthy enough to enjoy it...so I'm changing my ways starting today! (Actually yesterday, but this is my first post).

Thanks for allowing me to join and share my BIG WHY!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Garris said:

Welcome!

do you have any specific goals in mind, or type of training you are interested in?

Right now my goals are to start the journey and learn the Paleo-ish diet! I plan to mix a lot of cardio with my workouts - I actually like cardio...it allows me to clear my head. But I really want to work on strength training to get a balance between pure strength and some endurance. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, 6.5 Creedmoor said:

Right now my goals are to start the journey and learn the Paleo-ish diet! I plan to mix a lot of cardio with my workouts - I actually like cardio...it allows me to clear my head. But I really want to work on strength training to get a balance between pure strength and some endurance. 

Nice!

I follow a paleo ish diet, and I can now BBQ a mean juicy chicken breast with out giving anyone salmonella .

are you thinking weight lifting or bodyweight?

• Like 1

Welcome to NF, Creedmoor! 

Sounds like you've got a good idea of where you want to go and how you want to get there. That's awesome! 

Let us know if you have any questions about the forums, guilds, or 4 Week Challenges. There's a new challenge starting Sunday if you'd like to join!