Forums are back in action! ×

Hey. My name is Rachel. 

I don't know how to do this right. I started young with an eating disorder. I've gotten that under control, but I've never gotten "healthy". I'm not happy with my body at this point. To top it off I found out I have Ehler's Danlos Syndrome hypermobility type. Doctors and therapists and normal every day people have told me if I got stronger it wouldn't hamper my life as much if at all, but I didn't listen. Instead, I've let things get to a point that I am pudgy and have pain issues and sometimes have to wear braces and whatnot. 

I don't want to live that way anymore. I grew up in Arkansas, moved to DC for a year then New York. I got less and less active even while taking public transit because I wasn't going on outdoor adventures. I want to start doing all that stuff again and more, otherwise, what's the point of living in this hell hole. 

Anyway, I'm a nerd, so this seemed to be a good fit for me, manageable changes over time. 

• Like 2

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, Rachel! 

23 hours ago, NotThePrincessPeach said:

I don't know how to do this right. 

How to... introduce yourself? I think you're doing fine. :)

Sounds like you've identified quite a few areas you want to improve. Do you have a plan in place for how to approach those changes? Saying "I want to be stronger, more active, and escape this hell hole" is a little nebulous... what do those things look like to you? 

Put another way, if you can imagine your ideal self, what attributes and habits do you have that make you so ideal? List them out, and then come up with concrete ways to get to each of them. Start small. "Ideally I'll be able to bench 450." That's great, but if you can only lift 5# dumbbells, it may seem impossible. It's not! You just need a plan. Achievement is less about excellence and more about persistence, after all. ;)

Let us know if you have any questions about the forums, the challenges, the guilds, getting started, or anything else. Depending on where you post, sometimes it can take a while to get a response, but generally speaking Rebels are a friendly bunch. 

• Like 1