Forums are back in action! ×

Thoughts on coconut sugar

Hey guys! Just wanted your opinions on coconut sugar.

See, I write articles for a living and a lot of times my brains stalls and drinking coffee is the only way for me to keep on going. But since refined sugar and artificial sweeteners are a no no, I've decided to give coconut sugar a try. It has a lot more benefits than ordinary sugars and has a lot less fat according to what I've read. But I'm still not comfortable with just my own assessment to go on.

Any help? I would really appreciate it.

Sugar is sugar is sugar. Glucose and fructose (sucrose is one of each). Now, are you going to undo all your hard work putting a little sugar in your coffee? No. But, it's not helping.

Also, what do you mean has a lot less fat? Sugar shouldn't have any fat. It should be pure, unadulterated carbohydrates.

Sugar is sugar is sugar. Glucose and fructose (sucrose is one of each). Now, are you going to undo all your hard work putting a little sugar in your coffee? No. But, it's not helping.

Also, what do you mean has a lot less fat? Sugar shouldn't have any fat. It should be pure, unadulterated carbohydrates.

I suppose... But doesn't the brain use glucose as fuel to work? I kinda need my brain to work if I'm gonna write... Also, I meant that it's a lot less fattening... Apologies for the misunderstanding... Something to do with reduced calories or whatever...

I suppose... But doesn't the brain use glucose as fuel to work? I kinda need my brain to work if I'm gonna write... Also, I meant that it's a lot less fattening... Apologies for the misunderstanding... Something to do with reduced calories or whatever...

Correct, your brain does need sugar to work. Good news, though... your body can synthesize all the sugars you need. But that's besides the point.

Correct, your brain does need sugar to work. Good news, though... your body can synthesize all the sugars you need. But that's besides the point.

Actually it's right on point. Sugar is sugar and we can synthesize what our brain needs. Yes, it does need glucose but you have to deprive yourself of glucose for a long time for it to make any sort of impact.

But the food that forms the basis of that essential sugar is the problem.

The body can't make sugar from fat. It instead uses protein, either eaten or your muscles.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!