Forums are back in action! ×

Bullied Male Nerds Anonymous (except everyone knows you)

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

So i was thinking about some things I've gone through and how they've effected me in my life. Mostly the bullying and self image issues I have stemming from when I was a kid. High school. Two things primarily (besides the getting beat up all the time). 1) i had bad bad BAD acne. That is cleared up and isn't really a concern in my mind anymore. 2) I was skinny. freaky skinny. i'm 6'1 and graduated high school at about 150lbs. Now i'm 6 1' 1/2 and 190 lbs. So i'm obviously a much bigger guy. and people keep telling me I'm not small but I look in the mirror and feel like i'm scrawny and weak because of all those years of it being pounded into me (sometimes with fists). I literally do not think i have any strength or muscle on me at all. I am starting to see some...but anyway what I am getting at is...

Maybe the issue is after years of it beign said to me that I'm small and skinny and being around guys bigger than me, I need some form of daily reminder that I'm not small and skinny and weak. I don't know how to get this...any ideas?

This thread is for us nerds who have issues coming from the years of bullying. Particularly for the guys as I imagine the bullying comes in a different form most of the time than it does for the ladies. I could be wrong.