Forums are back in action! ×

Hi so does anyone know about the app Stack investment? Ive only just seen the commercial but it seems simple enough, you can auto set it to take out an amount out of your bank account you set yourself and it invests into stocks or something I don't know much about it that's why I'm asking. 

Thanks!

I don't know the app, but you should be able to do the same thing through any brokerage firm.  Vanguard, Schwab, Fidelity, etc.  They all have the option of automatic investments; particularly useful for investors who do Dollar-Cost Averaging.

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

On 7/10/2017 at 10:07 AM, Hazard said:

I don't know the app, but you should be able to do the same thing through any brokerage firm.  Vanguard, Schwab, Fidelity, etc.  They all have the option of automatic investments; particularly useful for investors who do Dollar-Cost Averaging.

Super late reply, but one difference is that it looks like they have much lower minimums (ad says $5) than Vanguard et al (Vanguard brokerage account min. is $3k), so it might be more accessible for a student working part-time (like the OP says s/he is in another post). Irrelevant for me and I suspect you as well, but potentially useful for someone just starting out.

OP, I didn't find Stack but I found Stash - one thing I noticed from their website is that they charge a portfolio management fee on top of the fees for the ETF's you hold in your account, unlike the three brokerages Hazard mentioned. Once you have the $3k minimum for a Vanguard account, I personally would recommend investing through Vanguard instead and taking advantage of their index ETF's / mutual funds. The other two Hazard mentioned also offer low-cost index funds, which are IMO the best option for any investor in equities, but they're offered alongside other options that might tempt you to make suboptimal, higher-fee choices. So my advice would still be to save up the $3k minimum in a bank account (lmk if you want names of online banks offering competitive savings rates) then move that money to Vanguard once you have the $3k saved up.

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler