Forums are back in action! ×

Pause... Breathe... and Go.

A reintroduction after months away:

I struggle with anxiety. I've been working on it for years with varying results. When I'm focused, I'm great. When I'm distracted... I can barely function. It's very up-and-down. I lose some weight and feel invincible, then something happens, my mental health slips,  and whoops-- there I am again, 35 pounds heavier and convinced I'm doomed to fail.

My brief love affairs with movement in the past have taught me that bodyweight exercises are going to be my secret weapon. More than movement, though, is food. I always thought I was a healthy eater. I had no idea what I was talking about, and was too scared to be honest with myself.

I need to learn to cook. With rare exception, I live off of restaurants and frozen meals. "Convenience foods." I'm finally ready to learn to cook-- and I don't mean sliding a frozen pizza into the oven.

I've managed to convince myself that progress is basically impossible. Screw that! I'm at a transition point in life nad, thankfully, I think it'll be the push I need to embark on the next leg of my health journey.

Where I am now: Overweight, afraid, and immobile.

Where I choose to be: Lightly-muscled, calm, and agile. I am an assassin hunting my prey.