Forums are back in action! ×

I'm a 28 year old dual class warrior-monk from Norway, although my monk(ey) business have been on hold for quite a while. I've been always been interested in martial arts and have trained various kinds, most recently brazilian jiu jitsu. I've actually started doing brazilian jiu jitsu several times in the last 12 years, but for one reason or another I've always quit when I started to get in shape and started to kick some ass instead of getting my own kicked. Due to irregular working hours it's very hard for me to follow scheduled classes at the moment, but I hope to get back to training martial arts in the very near future.

Due to intensive couch slouching in recent years, I reached an all-time PR at 109kg. I decided that my weight was never going to get to 110, EVER. So a month back I started lifting weights and have become completely hooked. I've since lost about 2kg, which I suppose is good since I've also started taking creatine, which supposedly will make you gain around 4kg due to higher water retention in your body and since I (hopefully) also have added some muscle. Nevertheless, I'm hoping to reach my first goal of going below 100kg, and my long time goal of 90kg. Not that I'm obsessing over weight, I just want to get rid of all my excessive fat, but it's nice to have some numbers to stick to.

I'm not following a very strict diet, but I have cut down on processed carbs and upped my protein intake. I've been looking into paleo and I'm considering trying it out, but I'm fairly picky when it comes to food, so I'm taking it one step at the time towards a more healthy lifestyle.

Well, that's me. Btw, I'm not used to being active on forums, usually I just hang around and read others posts, so this is more or less a new experience to me. But I do hope that I will use this forum actively to keep my motivation up and help motivate others. It seems to work great for others! See you around!

Benkei

Level 1 Warrior

STR: 4, DEX: 3, STA: 1, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 2

Current challenge

Deadlift 1RM PR: 215kg Benchpress 1RM PR: 102,5kg Year end goals: DL 250kg, BP 135kg

"If deadlifts were easy, they would be called 'ellipticals'"