Forums are back in action! ×

Male physique inspiration (photos)

Guest Snake McClain

I definitely agree about Erwan Le Corre, I'd like to look like him, maybe a little buffer, but I figure if I looked like him I'd be all about pretty much set on being able to do anything I wanted, physically speaking.

No joke. Erwan is one of my fitness goals. So is Ido Portal (in fact, I'll lean more towards Ido because I have it on good authority that he has a perfect rear).

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Guest Snake McClain
I see alot of guys wanting to look small.

pl0409.jpg

I agree. i want to be like the dynamite kid (minus the roids).

Also i just posted in my blog my progress after five months. I'd like to show the pictures here (hopefully ladies won't flood it) and you can tell me if you think i'm doing well or crappy?

This was the first friday of november....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2567[/ATTACH]

and now this was after five months of work on the first friday of april

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2566[/ATTACH]

critique away. also i can't take photos of my back. it's just hard to do. but my back and traps are way more developed. so nice to see muscles coming through in my upper back. i've never had them before. WOOT me.

post-3263-13567243550873_thumb.jpg

post-3263-13567243552075_thumb.jpg

Haha, liking the old school powerlifter images, but i'd have to say these rugby players are more what i'm aiming for.

David Pocock

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2572[/ATTACH]

Radike Samo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2573[/ATTACH]

Also, Thrillho, good to know someone know's Tony Jaa's Thai name.

post-2763-13567243553152_thumb.jpg

post-2763-13567243553385_thumb.jpg

post-2763-13567243553152_thumb.jpg

post-2763-13567243553385_thumb.jpg

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Guest Snake McClain

i'm always curious when I see all these different body styles how guys got them. How did they get there? sure "hard work and exercise and eating right." but obviously i think we all know different routines and exercises create different body styles. So does genetics. I dunno. I'd be really interested to see a list of routines that build different bodies. like if you want to look like a gymnast this is what you do: then a list of exercises. But if you want to look like David Pocock the rugby player do this: list of exercises. Davey Richards do this: list of exercises.

Anyone have any idea where we could find this? maybe we could build one?

I would just love to see an all inclusive material for "body building" (not the kind you're thinking but not excluding) that tells us all what we can do to develop a certain way and gives a path to do it. We could almost call it the men's fitness guide....lol

This is a little weird, but the guys in the Dolce&Gabbana ads always inspire me to get to it. They might be mostly show (hard to tell sometimes) but they look freaking unstoppable.

Also, just about any high-level rower. They're 100% work, lean, and can out-power just about anyone.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2562[/ATTACH]

Sorry to double-post, but that was actually one of my first inspiration pics.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

i'm always curious when I see all these different body styles how guys got them. How did they get there? sure "hard work and exercise and eating right." but obviously i think we all know different routines and exercises create different body styles. So does genetics. I dunno. I'd be really interested to see a list of routines that build different bodies. like if you want to look like a gymnast this is what you do: then a list of exercises. But if you want to look like David Pocock the rugby player do this: list of exercises. Davey Richards do this: list of exercises.

Anyone have any idea where we could find this? maybe we could build one?

I would just love to see an all inclusive material for "body building" (not the kind you're thinking but not excluding) that tells us all what we can do to develop a certain way and gives a path to do it. We could almost call it the men's fitness guide....lol

I would be twelve kinds of up for helping with this project.

Guest Snake McClain
I would be twelve kinds of up for helping with this project.

Okay. I think a good idea would be to find the dudes on NF here and ask them how they did it. Collect all the resources sort of thing. This could/would be a big project but I would love to see this. I've always wanted something like this. But i'm not sure exactly WHAT to ask. Because we all know it's a lot more than just lifting or exercising. it's nutrients as well.

Let's find a way!

I see alot of guys wanting to look small.

pl0409.jpg

Yeah, no more small crap for me. After this run I have in a few weeks I'm done with this dieting and trying to drop weight crap. It's just not what my body wants to be. I'm going to go back to eating 3k calories a day and lifting while running 5k 2-3 times a week.

critique away. also i can't take photos of my back. it's just hard to do. but my back and traps are way more developed. so nice to see muscles coming through in my upper back. i've never had them before. WOOT me.

Yeah, my biggest change has been my upper back (guessing deadlifts). I've got muscles sticking out up there I didn't know I had.

Personally, my body image of what I want to look like is not driven by the look, but at what my performance set points that I want to get to are going to make me look like. I want to be a power lifter who can also run 5k in under 25 minutes. I want to dead lift 2.5x my body weight one day. I want to bench press my body weight 5x and max out over 300 lb. What will that make me look like? Me thinks this:

3-ray-lewis.jpg

Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens Linebacker

or this:

mathisbeast.jpg?bf3a68

Evan Mathis, Philadelphia Eagles Offensive Lineman

Evan Mathis is awesome, lifts crap tons of weight, and is athletic as hell. Plus, he hangs out with The Rock when he comes to town.

evan-mathis-the-rock.jpg

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

BTW, in the 2 month Evan Mathis before and after, it just goes to show that if you put the muscle on and have that as your base, cutting fat later does not take very long if you do it right. He started the cut at the end of an NFL season by the dates shown.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest Snake McClain
BTW, in the 2 month Evan Mathis before and after, it just goes to show that if you put the muscle on and have that as your base, cutting fat later does not take very long if you do it right. He started the cut at the end of an NFL season by the dates shown.

First I think you've got it right. You seem to just be built bigger and you trying to slim way down probably just isn't in the cards. Don't kill yourself to drop this or that. Just lift and eat right and it should come. I'd love to see you deadlift 2.5xbw. holy crap. I'm working on 1.5. i'm right there and can probably do it once. Honestly as the dl weights get higher I'm getting scared to do them. lol

So how the heck did evan mathis do all that in two months? serioiusly that's....kind of nuts.

Also ... did we nuke the men's guild? I must have missed that.

and yeah. apparently it was taken away. Don't know why. *shrug*. maybe all that testosterone in one room was a negative thing.