Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone!

I found this community online and have referenced nerdfitness.com for several days as I've made the decision to go from vegan to paleo in an effort to loose a few pounds, but more importantly, get myself into shape. I've found that online communities and forums have been so helpful and supportive in the past, and I look forward to getting to you know you all and (hopefully!) sharing my success story.

I currently weight roughly 140 lbs at 5'5. I have worked out in the past-- but "worked out" really meant running on an elliptical trainer and doing very lazy yoga/Pilates. This time around, I hired a personal trainer for 21 sessions to make a commitment of really learning how to exercise and weight train properly in an effort to really see results. I don't have a goal weight and really would prefer not to go down a dress size, but rather, I want to alter the shape of my body to be leaner, firmer, tighter, etc. :) I'm giving myself 6 hard months of really doing a very clean paleo diet plan along with a very regimented fitness plan in hopes of seeing some great changes. Looking forward to sharing!

xo!

Welcome Jubilee, 1 Question, Why did you leave the chat?

Ahem with that out of the way, Welcome to NF, I'm certain that we can help you find everything from motivation, via Zombies, to assistance, via Dragon-slaying inspiration!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Welcome! I'm very new here too and everyone has been very kind and helpful. This is a great place to be!

I did Vegan for about a year, then moved to Vegetarian, mostly because of cheese. By the end of those two years I was more run down than I had ever been, and I gained quite a bit of weight. I wasn't a junk food veggie, but I replaced meat with soy, legumes, and grains and my body was clearly not happy with this. I was eating about 80% carbs during that time. It was a disaster. I know lots who have success with this, I just wasn't one of them. After much reading and research, I've come to land on a Paleo-ish diet and it definitely fits with me much better. I'm not perfect at it, still transitioning. But I kicked bread to the curb first (my weakness) and that alone made a HUGE difference.

Good luck to you! Look forward to seeing your progress!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]The Horror Geek Half Dwarf Adventurer!

My Challenge Thread is here.

I have zombies to outrun! Failure is not an option!