Forums are back in action! ×

I always thought running away would be the easy part.

Two months ago I packed a bag and left home with no prior notice to my parents after ten years of living in a toxic environment with no way out.

Now I am out and staying with a friend while I work towards a clean slate, and a new life as my own person. 

I am not a minor, and while my parents are in no way happy about what I've done, I have not done anything illegal so don't worry about abetting a runaway.

I'm meditating, doing Yoga, and put myself on a simple diet.

I am also looking into the practice of Minimalism, and vagabonding.

Now I am looking for a Tribe or Guild willing to humor my secretive and doomsday prepping tendencies long enough to make some friends.

You can call me Runner,

'cause for better or worse, that's what I am.

• Like 3

Leave them in the dust

Welcome to NF, Runner! I'm sorry to hear about your situation with your parents, but really happy for you that you got out. It can be very tough to make a decision like that and I'm sure not everyone understands, but sometimes you just have to take care of yourself for once. I'm glad to hear you're doing that. 

I'm on a minimalism quest myself! Although unlike you, I'm still living amidst all my crap and chipping away at it pretty slowly day-by-day. Still, it's nice to get to a place where all you have to do is grab a bag and you can be off to your next adventure! 

Let us know if you need any help figuring out the forums or getting some goals sorted out or... anything, really. We're a friendly bunch and there's almost always someone around. :) 

• Like 1