Forums are back in action! ×

Made My Day Thread

In an effort to balance out the Forum, we need a thread to post happy thoughts.

Went to the beach today and like a true nerd, I thought I'd do a little people watching and see who men (not boys) checked out the most. And was pleasantly surprised. There were plenty of women with teensy weensy bikinis, some fully covered up and everything in between. Yet the one woman who was checked out the most was about 25, had on a black bikini bottom that fit well, toned legs and get this, a loose form fitting tshirt. She wasn't stick thin, just healthy and fit. Maybe 5'6, and a size 8.

She effortlessly looked amazing with a slight tan, and her hair down. Yet every man around us couldn't take their eyes off of her as she walked in the water, played with her kids and had a great time.

All of the women who dressed similarly received alot of approval from men. The scantily clad women were checked out but shortly. There wasn't alot of mystery as to what they had underneath.

I'm totally doing this when I'm down 20 more lbs with a geek/band shirt. :D

(Made my day cause I realized that I wasn't too far away from my beach bunny goals :D )

Go Big or Go Home! Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk.

Wake Your Dreams...

My roommate's family came up for Easter dinner and both his mom and sister said that we both had lost more weight. And his mom goes "Seth, you have a whole lot of upper body going on. Are you doing body building or something?"

No, I am not. But thank you for making my day.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

got totally absorbed on my walk to work this morning by a squirrel eating a flower. Made my day.

a young woman who used to work for me has an interview in my organization today. I really like her and handed her resume around. I'm very hopeful. That makes my day.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Guest Gemeaux

I met up with my best friend today , and after we went to this talk , we had a long chat . I can't put it into words , but she said some things to me that changed me . Made me realize things , and one thing I'm struggling with at the moment : relationships . I now see the main reason things never work out and men lose interest pretty quickly . And I know I can change it , and I feel so much better now . I can't express how much my friend means to me

Seeing a super-kick butt woman lifting in the gym.

Hearing an old coot (no other word for the type of guy he is) laughing his butt off while listening to something on the rowing machine.

Finally tried Pilates class today, and was able to keep up. Months ago I would have been suffering!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

There is a guy in the free weeights section that I totally respect - he squats, benches, deadlifts and does all those good things. Way more weight than I am ever likely to get to.

Yesterday, while I was doing squats he gave me a thumbs up. Such a small thing, but it truly made my day!

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

Monday evening we were at a family crawfish boil, and my Hubby was telling my uncles that I'm pretty fearless and tough.

I'm widely considered dainty and delicate by my family, and I have more fears than I can count, so my Hubby saying this to my family made my day.

Also, my uncle baptized my oldest son last night, and broke down into tears during the ceremony. Made my day and touched my heart.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

2 Gym things.

1. My favourite sing-a-long song for the moment (We Are Young by Fun.) came on at the gym, so I started singing along while I was loading up for my deadlifts - and one of the other ladies in the weights area started singing along with me. heehee. (And the big guy curling on the bench just looked at us like O_o)

2. Right near the end of my workout one of the OTHER ladies, one I admire from a far with all her strength and muscleness, actually left her bench to come over to me to ask how i was going, and how I was enjoying doing weights. <3 I was all :D Felt awesome.

Yesterday I was getting all whiny about my limited food options (I get whiny with low blood sugar). I didn't realize until this morning that I was whining about not wanting to eat tuna salad because I didn't have any baby carrots to eat with it. A year ago, I would have been whining because we were out of potato chips :) Made my day!

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

I won $50 in a blog commenting contest. I never win contests! It made me so happy, since I really need the money.

I was really frustrated with my taxes, but stuck with it and found a credit my husband and I are eligible for which should help us come out $32 in the positive after all is said and done.

Great idea for a thread! I love reading everyone's happy stories!

Level 2 Rebel
STR 5 | DEX 4 | STA 4 | CON 6 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4.5

Aspiring Assassin | 1 | Current

When I was working a heavy bag at the gym, someone asked me when my next fight was. That made my day, because apparently I look like I know what I'm doing!

That's awesome!

Today I discovered that Cake did a cover of Strangers in the Night. I love that song (for some weird, sappy reason).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plsgwy02Y4A

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]