Forums are back in action! ×

Hey, all.

Vella here - I used to run about these parts a year or so back, but Life Happened and I fell straight into the abyss of working and just trying to keep afloat.

But I'm back now. New account for a fresh start (and because I can't get into the old one anymore on account of doing an e-mail address cleanout/deletion), new plan, new goals, new pet. Today, it begins.

• Like 2

My Character

Current Challenge: Starting from the Start

Thanks!

Yes, the cat in the profile pic is the lovely Delenn, who is my only housemate and my fluffiest friend. I'll share a few more pics.

Mostly I'm here for the community and the support - I've got a couple friends who are into the fitness thing, but I feel bad relying only on them for support, especially since I'm here to get over an issue with anxiety - I managed to associate my martial arts classes with anxiety attacks, and it's been really hard to get the motivation to go back. Hopefully with a couple of Challenges, I can make some more positive associations, and I'll be able to get back into regular exercise more easily :)

Bright Eyes Playing.jpg

Feets2.jpg

Keyboard.jpg

• Like 2

My Character

Welcome (back)!  I've only been a member for a few days, but I wanted to saw hi because anxiety is a part of my fitness journey that I have to overcome as well!  You are not alone!! Good luck with starting over (you have a super cute side kick for the journey), and I look forward to seeing your progress!!

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

16 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Hi Vella, welcome back!

I've tried telling my anxiety many variations of "go away", but it always says "nope, I like I right here just fine." <_<

Good luck with your journey, and I hope to see you around the challenges! :)

Anxiety is a terrible listener, can confirm. And always overstays its welcome.

I'll see you around the challenges, too :) Good luck with your journey as well!

• Like 2

My Character