Forums are back in action! ×

Small town nerd... doing what now!?

Hi, I'm Tony. Long story short, I live in a small town that eerily resembles the fictional Haddonfield, Illinois of Halloween fame. I've actually met Tony Moran (one stuntman that played Myers) twice. BUT! I'm the perfect example of an out of shape nerd making a difference in his life one day at a time since being introduced to this site. That was two months ago. What am I doing? I've turned my social media profiles into Paleo information havens, as well as giving motivational quotes and describing anything I cook or do for a workout in any given day. My goal is to show others that they're not alone in being out of shape and wanting to take responsibility for their actions and really turn their lives around. Today was actually the first time I've browsed Mark's Daily Apple. So I thought to make my username a fitting offspring of Nerd Fitness and MDA, hence "Grok Nerd."

Since being shown this site and starting my lifestyle change, my outlook on myself and life has changed drastically. I went from a ramen loving, microwaving professional to cooking for myself and no longer fearing the kitchen thanks to this site, close friends and my determination to change myself. I've also taken up working at a local gym to keep myself on track and have access to some good Iron. So that's my story in a nutshell. Nothing fancy, just to the point. I plan to keep myself active on here, and I've relaunched and reformed my twitter account to compliment my other pages and eventual blog I'm going to start. Talk about life changing! I've got a lot to say, being a nerd, living in a fighting for its life rural town and essentially being a sponge for information on all sorts of things right now. I love it and can't get enough. I'm full speed ahead and crashing into it like an '85 Chicago Bears DT or LB! BUT... Enough from me. Thanks for having me, NF Community. :eek-new:

"The Iron never lies to you." - Henry Rollins

Well, I must greet someone who knows who played Michael Meyers. Welcome!
Haha. I even joke I'm from Haddonfield man! Got a picture from the guy and a few signed items. He's a great guy to talk to. I've got him giving the horns in the picture with me. It was great. Thanks for the greeting bro.

Haha. I even joke I'm from Haddonfield man! Got a picture from the guy and a few signed items. He's a great guy to talk to. I've got him giving the horns in the picture with me. It was great. Thanks for the greeting bro.

Hehe - this HorrorGeek would be female, but you're welcome all the same. :)

What did you think of the Rob Zombie versions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]The Horror Geek Half Dwarf Adventurer!

My Challenge Thread is here.

I have zombies to outrun! Failure is not an option!

Hehe - this HorrorGeek would be female, but you're welcome all the same. :)

What did you think of the Rob Zombie versions?

I thought them refreshing and artistic. A little more over the top in that Rob Zombie sort of way, but as far as revamping it and bringing it to new light with a new view; I definitely have an appreciation for them. He still kept Myers as human, but still put some sort of mental/supernatural spin on him, more so in the second film. Plus he had Mr. McDowell! I mean, A Clockwork Orange! I think he made a pretty good Loomis, but Donald still has that role in my mind.

As far as remakes go, I rank his up there. Much higher than say Friday the 13th, or some deviations in Nightmare on Elm Street. That wall scene looked better in the 80's with the latex than it did with the CGI in this one. Ugh... Hope the next films do better. JEH is set to reprise his role, and he didn't do too badly. Still prefer Englund, but we'll see how it goes.

Rob Zombie is my horror hero. He is one of the few who know how to make an intelligent horror movie. And since H2 wasn't a remake, but a new vision, I loved it even more. But the fact that he showed how he became what he became made it so much better. That was the one element missing from the original. The original will always be superior of course, but I give much props to Zombie's.

I was actually impressed with the Friday the 13th remake. Turned out way better than I was expecting. But the NOES....oh dear lord that was just a crime against the series. Freddy looked like a muppet every time he spoke. I never want to see them reprise that, but if they do, they have a LOT of work to do to fix it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]The Horror Geek Half Dwarf Adventurer!

My Challenge Thread is here.

I have zombies to outrun! Failure is not an option!