Forums are back in action! ×

Time to work out!

So there is an elementary school by my house that has soccer practice on the field every night. As I was driving home tonight, I saw one of the dads pull a kettle bell out of his trunk and start doing kettle bell swings right on the sideline as he watched his kid. Thought it was great.

Anyway, thought this was a great example of how there is always time to workout.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'll get down on the office floor in my area and stretch just about every morning. Can't say i'd bring a kettlebell to work though, would more than likely break something important.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

I'll get down on the office floor in my area and stretch just about every morning. Can't say i'd bring a kettlebell to work though, would more than likely break something important.

Yeah... that could be bad. We have a big gravel parking lot (aside from the main parking lot) that isn't used very often. I workout there.

If your can't fix it with bacon, you're probably going to die.

Obligatory Twitter link.

So there is an elementary school by my house that has soccer practice on the field every night. As I was driving home tonight, I saw one of the dads pull a kettle bell out of his trunk and start doing kettle bell swings right on the sideline as he watched his kid. Thought it was great.

Anyway, thought this was a great example of how there is always time to workout.

That's awesome! I see moms walking around the baseball complex where our kids play sometimes. You can easily get two miles in between warmups and the start of a game that way. :)

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

When I was a toddler my mom used to hold me on her shins airplane style and do situps. It ended up being a game of peek a boo for me. I don't remember it, but we've got some great pictures, and it was an easy way for her to get her workout in.

One of the things my fiancee and I are considering for when we have hellspawn is that trailer stroller attachment thing to hitch to bikes. I found one that looks really good, and am hoping it'll have the same effect as going for a drive.

I have 2 cousins that are about 18 years younger than me and are comparable sizes. They got a great kick out of me doing curls, presses, and extensions with them (and it was one of the more brutal workouts I've ever done).

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

I think I've bored you all to death with my story- 3:30am. That way it's totally MY time. I can focus and not feel push and pulled in all directions. When the weather cools again, I'm going to start carrying my gym bag & run during my lunch hour. It's just too brutal in this Houston heat.

I love the kettlebell idea, I think that will be my next financial splurge!