Forums are back in action! ×

Cataleya Needs This

I was doing pretty well with my fitness, though stress was kicking my ass. But then a bunch of stuff happened at once:

• I got engaged
  • I went to a conference out of country
  • On the first day of that conference, my grandmother died
  • I had to fly back home at the end of the conference to attend the funeral
  • I started dealing with an existential crisis (again)
  • I then had to fly back to pack my apartment up
  • I moved back home
  • I apartment hunted in my new city
  • I moved to my new city
  • I'm currently unpacking my stuff in my new apartment, finally able to be with my fiancee
  • I had to go through orientation for my new job
  • I start teaching on Tuesday
  • Oh yeah, and I'm trying to finish up my dissertation

So. Yeah. Lots of good, lots of bad, lots of "it is what it is." I haven't weighed myself lately, but I need to get back on the bandwagon. I'm almost absolutely certain I'm back over 200lbs. I feel weaker than I have in quite some time, though that might also be from moving all these damn boxes.

I'm probably gonna start a battle log until the next challenge, so I can focus on getting moved in but also start tracking things like what I'm eating. I also want to take some time to figure out what I want to focus on, because I have a tendency to want to do all the (assassin) things. So I should just focus on one or two as I get back into the swing of things. I know I want to focus on weights and food, but I think I should also add some yoga in or something.

But I'm back. Hopefully this time for good.

• Like 2

Glad you're back! Struggles and failures are all part of the success process. Plus, if you don't struggle or fail every now and then it makes the success unfulfilling and the story very boring. (Even One Punch Man had his own struggles.) Best thing you can do right now is accept the loss/slip, see what you did wrong, and get back up and go at it again! Just remember you'll never win if you quit.

EDIT: I had an afterthought that might help. I read this in a book recently. Whenever you are doing something difficult just remember this mantra:

"Tonight you will be in your own bed."

Sounds corny but it has actually helped me. Whenever it gets difficult just keep saying that because it will end and you will be able to sleep peacefully afterward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm training to be (like) Batman physically, mentally, and financially.

Thanks guys. I'm back up to 208 (finally weighed myself this morning) and I'm not happy about that but also not surprised. Today begins the absolutely no soda, reduce added sugars, just start monitoring your food again phase. I also joined a tennis league so hopefully that helps.

Ready to become the superhero I want to be.

• Like 1

Sounds like you are well onto your path! You've had a ton of stressful things happen in a short period (even the good things can be stressful). It seems pretty normal that something had to give and you fell off some of your healthy routines. You should be in a great place to start building them back up now.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016