Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there.. 

My name is Mary, 32 years old female, originally from Israel but currently living in Amsterdam.

So after few days I was reading everything Steve wrote, I decided to join, so I'm a member since yesterday!

I joined because I was 86kg went down to 63 and went back to 80kg. I always struggle with my weight, don't like myself when I look at the mirror and never go to the sea or the pool because I don't want to put swimming suit in front of people.

I think my main problem is that I don't have people that understand me around me, don't really have who to talk to, so I get into sadness and just eat.

So, decided to do what Steve recommended and to try and have people around me that understand me. So here I am...

My goal is to get healthy, love what I see in the mirror, be 18% body fat and then be light enough to make one of my dreams come true and that is to do parkour.

thanks.. Mary

Hi Mary, welcome to Nerd Fitness!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of people here who understand you. :)

Getting healthy and loving what you see in the mirror are great goals. And parkour is just awesome. It's one of the things I eventually want to get into.

Parkour is more about strength and endurance than being light enough. I'm betting you'll be able to do it sooner than you think. To start, I suggest focusing on strength training and cleaning up your diet. Make just a few small changes at a time to build up better habits. 

If you would like some extra support and accountability, I suggest checking out the four week challenges. We're halfway through the current one, but feel free to join in or just stop by the Rebel guild and say hi!

Good luck!

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!