Forums are back in action! ×

So, I finally found this whole Nerd Fitness thing today and thought "this sounds like it's totally for me!" and so here goes... 

I've been overweight more or less my whole life, can't run or walk far or fast, not lift heavy things and I seem to be of the more... "clumsy" kind. Used to do various sports throughout my life, such as unicycling, orienteering and aikido, but I've never been really good at any of it (but I did have fun). Currently I'm on a medication that gives me the appetite from hell which means losing weight is even more difficult than usual, and I'm also battling depression and anxiety, so it's definitely a challenge to do anything healthy it seems. 

I mainly want to lose some weight, get more energy and feel less depressed, and I'm hoping that this can be a way of getting closer to accomplishing those things. :)

• Like 1

Hi! Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

I think really, having fun with it is better than being good at a sport/activity. It gets you active and lifts your mood. And being fun, you want to keep doing it. Are you interested in getting back into any of those?

The forums are full of info that can help you with your goals. There's also the four week challenges, which are great for a bit of feedback, support, and accountability. A new one will be starting up soon if you're interested. (More info here: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/help.html/4-week-challenges/challenge-instructions-and-faq/)

And you're definitely not alone in struggling with anxiety and depression. :)

Best of luck!

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

I would love to get back into orienteering and aikido, but where I live aikido is not doable since there are no places who offer it closeby. But orienteering might be a thing actually :)

I'm looking around at the forums trying to figure out how it all works, also looked at bit at the four week challenges and I'm figuring out a few quests and goals, but it feels so different from trying to do things "the normal way" if you get what I mean xD Also I'm feeling a bit unsure of where and how I post about it etc.