Forums are back in action! ×

I typically tend to be more of a stalker uh, I think the appropriate term is lurker. But I read somewhere that is discouraged here . . . . so be warned, I'm rusty on social cues.

I found this through a MFP chat. I'm already following a fitness routine, but this seems neato, so I'm checkin it out.

I'm fortunate that my mom always raised me to strive to feel comfortable with myself and never really emphasized being pretty (plus being an only girl of 4) led to me not really paying much attention to my body until my Doc told me too.

So here's me: clinically obese (though I still think I carry it well, but I'm not one to lack confidence), with BP of actively stroking patients.

I have already lost 14 lbs since August, and I'm only 6 lbs from my checkpoint goal, and the barrier mark between an obese BMI and "overweight". 

So first step: not be obese, hope that will help ease the crazy BP, but we'll reevaluate from there.

Second step: continue to be awesome, whatever form that may come in down the line.

See you all on the other side ;) 

• Like 3

Mrs. Nomar, level 1 Dwarf. Assassin (with monkish tendencies)
STR 2|DEX 0|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

Welcome to NF, MrsNomar! (I'm digging the punny name, btw.) Of course we always like people to post so that they can get help and support on their epic journey to level-capped success, but if lurking is more comfortable for you don't feel like you have to post. Plenty of people only post updates intermittently, but check in far more regularly and just browse around. 

Good luck on your journey and let us know if you need anything or have any questions about the forums! It can be a lot to take in all at once, but you'll get the hang of it. :)

Welcome to the Rebellion, @MrsNomar! You are on a very important journey and I'm so excited you've decided to travel it with us!  :)  Losing 14 pounds since August is already a big accomplishment - way to go on your progress so far!!

And awesomeness is our middle name here, so you're in great company!  ;)  Are you mostly using exercise to lose weight, or have you made diet adjustments as well?

If you're already slightly familiar with the Rebellion and you're looking for a guild to call home, feel free to come check out the Rangers! We have a lot of awesomeness going on in our neck of the woods!!

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Thanks!  I have been doing a workout routine since July actually, but I only started tracking with MyFitnessPal since August.  I pretty much started making minor adjustments when I physically saw the caloric impact of what I was eating.  I do like eating produce, so that's not difficult for me.  The difficult part was getting used to eating human-sized portions.  And yes, cutting out useless carbs, sweets, baked goods, etc.  I haven't eliminated anything per say, but I am already trying to make sure there's more greens in each meal, so that the carbs are at least rounded out a bit.

Thing is, I don't cook, so dinner was always made by my husband, who is in the middle of a career change right now.  In fact, I had a rage-quit moment a couple weeks ago because it's throwing my own routine out of whack, and I tend to have difficulty picking back up after even a day off. So actually, I'm looking at that for my "NF 1st challenge," to restructure my routines and have some sort of contingency plan for interruptions, because I don't have a Game Over, I still hit my checkpoint of getting below 170, so I'm just starting back from that checkpoint, right?    

Wow, this is getting long.  Sorry.  I will say, so far Rangers is in my top 3 so far [emoji6] , but I think I'm still too fresh to commit just yet 

Mrs. Nomar, level 1 Dwarf. Assassin (with monkish tendencies)
STR 2|DEX 0|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2