Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd Alert - Gym Pact App!

Just found out about this. It's an app that encourages users to go to the gym. They pledge $ to go to the gym - each time they check in at their gym (by phone gps) and stay for 30 minutes, they earn $. If they skip a workout, they lose the money they pledged for that workout (usually $5). Those who skip the gym end up paying reward $ to those who make it to the gym. Created by two Harvard graduates for an economics class they had. Very inspiring, especially for those who haven't started a gym routine yet or find excuses to not go to the gym!

http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/2012/01/i-heart-gympact.html

Ooh! *runs off to app store*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

Ha, I've been using this pretty much since it came out. You don't "make" tons of money - I think I've gotten up to about $28 since the beginning of the year. But it's still fun to keep you accountable!! The thought of losing $5 for each workout missed is enough to get in there! But you can change your pact - say, if you REALLY need the accountability.. you can pledge $20 per workout missed. That'll get you in the gym!

Archived