Forums are back in action! ×

Tattoo thoughts

Morrigainz

Old crabby me: it ain't his body. My husband wasn't keen but I didn't care. If he turned out to be so shallow he couldn't live w my test, eff him. Turns out when all was said and done, he didn't really care. Lol

Yeah. I agree with this. In the end, if I decide to do it (and right now I am leaning towards yes) then he will just have to learn to live with it. I love him...but he is so resistant to change, it drives me nuts.

I have 2 very very good tattoo artists that I recommend if you want.

Yes please! And you are going to be there next weekend, yes?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I thought that I would never want a tattoo, but something changed... Now i am thinking after I bulk up little bit more to get this :

1290764-roger_huerta_prev_large.jpgroger-huerta.jpg4c6341be9f261.jpg

The funny thing was that I always thought that tribal was the worst kind of tattoo you can get... :D Well .. damn .. people change ... :)

In the beginning was the Word,

and the Word was "Arrrgh!"

—PIRATICUS 13:7

Fitocracy

Yes please! And you are going to be there next weekend, yes?

Aaron Ruby at Eternal Tattoo in Livonia. He has done tattoos on 3 of my friends they are all bright and vibrant with great detail

Matt Hessler at XS in Rochester Hills, I have a half sleeve from him 2 chest tattoos and a rib piece, I cant say enough great things about this guys level of artistry and I will more than likely be there next Saturday (preggars wife/work conditions being the only thing stopping me)

Yeah. I agree with this. In the end, if I decide to do it (and right now I am leaning towards yes) then he will just have to learn to live with it. I love him...but he is so resistant to change, it drives me nuts.

I say don't be so hard on him. Personally, I feel that if my girlfriend ever got a tattoo she would instantly be unattractive to me. Same as if I saw her smoking. They're just things I find insanely unattractive.

My younger sister has a few tattoos now. If you're doing words, make sure your artist knows how to spell! Her tattoo read "This to shall pass". Fail. She was able to get it fixed though. Also, she says top of the foot is quite painful, so possibly avoid there.

I say don't be so hard on him. Personally, I feel that if my girlfriend ever got a tattoo she would instantly be unattractive to me. Same as if I saw her smoking. They're just things I find insanely unattractive.

My younger sister has a few tattoos now. If you're doing words, make sure your artist knows how to spell! Her tattoo read "This to shall pass". Fail. She was able to get it fixed though. Also, she says top of the foot is quite painful, so possibly avoid there.

It's hard to balance my growth and needs against his insecurities. And of course I'm a little rebellious (ya think???) so of course when he says "Ack! Don't get a tattoo!!!" the first thing I want to do is run out and get one, hahaha.

And YES. I absolutely do not want to end up on Ugliest Tattoos.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

It's hard to balance my growth and needs against his insecurities. And of course I'm a little rebellious (ya think???) so of course when he says "Ack! Don't get a tattoo!!!" the first thing I want to do is run out and get one, hahaha.

As someone married to a midwesterner who is often as rigid as the day is long (and until the cows come home) and as someone who is totally anti authority and often wants to do what I'm told not to do, I can relate. Ha! But here's the deal (and I've been married for 20+ years...): you are not rebelling against him. That implies a level of control (which I'm sure isn't there). You are rebelling against his notion of beauty or his notion of what "bad" people do, who gets tats, etc. This is uncomfortable for a lot of people. It's like believing chicks with muscles are ugly or dudes carrying babies around are lame. It's rigid conformity to social constructs. Whatevs.

BUT do not get a tat to be a rebel. Tats are so common these days they are hardly rebellious.

Honestly, think of it as body jewelry. Permanent body jewelry that can hurt when you do it. If that's groovy to you and it means something, do it. But if you tell someone "dude I think tats are hot" and your beloved says "ewwww tat chicks are gross" do not run out and get one. That's getting one for all the wrong reasons. If you are hemming and hawing - wait it out. Give it 3 months or another 10lbs or another 50lbs on the DLs and then rethink it.

Personally, I like the right tats on the right people. A lot of people have really lame tats or just junk. Makes you wonder why they did it.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Oh, and BTW, I've had my next tat scoped out and was thinking about when to do it.

Seeing the artist tomorrow for a consult. Problem is I think the design needs more geography than I have to give....

I'll post an update.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Cline - I absolutely agree with everything you said. Of course that gets to another level of our relationship...where I sometimes feel diminished and like he is trying to take a parental role in our relationship - but that's a whole other subject that I haven't really begun to prod yet.

I never wanted a tattoo before. I never thought they were particularly "hot." So I'm definitely not (thinking about) doing it for that factor. And I'm definitely going to think through it...also because I want to be sure I get it right. I was thinking about going somewhere and talking to them about size and cost, maybe asking them to do a quick sketch...then doing as others advised and putting it somewhere I will see it every day.

Another friend also suggested to me that I could get a henna tattoo...to help me AND my husband get used to it. I think that's not a bad idea, but there aren't a lot of henna artists around here. I'll have to think about that some more.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I know right! I said that I wasn't getting it for him, I'd be getting it for me...and he was like, "I'll be looking at it." Like I was gonna get my face done or something. Oh well. I've got a lot of thinking/planning to do, so that makes plenty of time for bringing him around ;)

I was thinking about getting it in December, when I graduate from school, as a graduation/birthday present. :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

...skin change is all part of the body-story; so's tattoo wear. That white slice through it? One hell of a road smash. The faded green forearm blob? Well, you can just about see the name of the ship even now; we all got those before the war...

Nobody gets to eighty with Twilight skin. Tats are more integrated than decals. :)

Exactly. Made me think of this pic a friend sent me:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2685[/ATTACH]

post-2107-13567243593055_thumb.jpg

Exactly. Made me think of this pic a friend sent me:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2685[/ATTACH]

That's one of my favourites.

If people say "oh, you'll regret it when you're older!", I always say "If I get to 80 and my biggest regrets are some beautiful pieces of artwork on my skin, then I will have done a pretty good job at living."

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

I thought that I would never want a tattoo, but something changed... Now i am thinking after I bulk up little bit more to get this :

roger-huerta.jpg

The funny thing was that I always thought that tribal was the worst kind of tattoo you can get... :D Well .. damn .. people change ... :)

OOooooohhhh. Roger Roger (Huerta) dear, he's one of my favourites!

"I lift heavy things. Sometimes these things are people."

I used to take Japanese classes at college (last year). I'm still good with the teachers and I have friends who are pretty darn proficient in it. If you post up a picture or give me the word/phrase/concept I might be able to get it to them?

Do you mind if I get back to you on that one? I'm not planning on getting it done in the next few months.

I'm basically looking at getting 'Fudoshin' in kanji. There's a few different versions I can nick off the internet because it's a relatively common term. But I want it at least a little stylistic and definitely at correct to a Japanese person so I don't embarress myself. Otherwise I'm the only person who needs to know what it means.

mayuko%20fudoshin%20for%20web.jpg&wid=99&hi=144

"I lift heavy things. Sometimes these things are people."

So here's another thought: pregnancy. If I get it on my trunk somewhere and I go and get all pregnant, it'll get all weird and I'll have to have it redone/fixed, yes?

Varies from person to person but, yes, there is a high chance that if you put it somewhere that will stretch a lot during pregnancy (e.g. stomach) it may get stretched. It's hard to anticipate because once your stomach has shrunk back down the tattoo might go back to normal or it might be slightly stretched

..on the other hand tattoos on limbs or upper back will be fine. The average weight-gain ain't no thing.

A good artist can totally change your plans too! My back tattoo started out massively different, but the artist pulled a face (literally: he couldn't recognise what it was) at the ideas. I had a bunch of reference material too, though, and he went through and said, "how about this, here, so the curve of your shoulder lines up" "it's big!" said I, and immediately got two, matching, with a ton of stuff between, because it was just right.

My first tattoo is going to be this : http://www.taekwondotauranga.co.nz/_Media/tenets_korean_med.jpeg (couldn't get picture to load)

These are the tenets we make an oath to uphold as taekwondo students. Some people I have told about this remark that I'm not a grand master or anything, which is true, but starting taekwondo helped change my life and I have used these tenets and the oath as my moral code ever since. I'm saving it for when I get my black belt though. Plenty of time to save the pennies. I'm getting it on my left side :)

Guest Tigger
Do you mind if I get back to you on that one? I'm not planning on getting it done in the next few months.

I'm basically looking at getting 'Fudoshin' in kanji. There's a few different versions I can nick off the internet because it's a relatively common term. But I want it at least a little stylistic and definitely at correct to a Japanese person so I don't embarress myself. Otherwise I'm the only person who needs to know what it means.

Yeah, most definately. I wasn't trying to pry or anything, I just know that there are like 10+ symbols for each meaning of a word and if you need to get it checked, it's good to know what the meaning behind the symbol is. Like I just did a quick search on my database and found 15 different kanji for the word "fun" O.o

MirGSS- the henna tat or even getting an artistic friend to draw with indian ink is a fab idea. However, what if your husband decides he really does hate it (or even just says it to stop you getting the real thing) Would you still go ahead?

Personally I would, My Ex was against me having any as he didn't like them, pity for him lol I got my first aged 27, something small on my foot, so I could cover it when I wanted and I continued to get another 5 over the next few years :)

I agree with other posters, it's VERY addictive. I don't know about others but I enjoy the pain while it lasts, I find after a while it numbs up for me, but having said that I have a large piece with vines and flowers along all of my toes, running up my foot then ending on my ankle, and that hurt so much. I kept twitching and had an urge to kick the tattooist in the head while he was busy (I didn't :@)

I also have one actually on my breast and that hasn't changed shape even though my boobs have changed size, quite a lot too (dropped 4 bra sizes and have since went back up 2 sizes) It still looks fine.

If you got one on your ribs, under your boob, like in the picture then I'm not sure much would happen to it if you carried a baby, not like it would on your tummy or hips. Maybe it would drop down a bit and you could get stretch marks there too. I wouldn't be worrying about your boobs dropping and not being able to see it either, after all we wear bra's to lift em up, so you would still be able to see it.

I'm in the boat where I believe a combination of your own design and artists design is best. You get what you want, the artist can make it better, the artist puts more effort into something they helped design, and you end up with a better product. Win-win all the way around.

Exactly what I did - I sent him a written outline of what I wanted and some images of some stuff I liked. He sketched a concept, I tore it to shreds, he resketched it, I commented, he tweaked it and hey presto I have a one-of-a-kind tattoo that I love and he loved doing. Wasn't particularly cheap for a small-ish back/shoulder piece but as several others have said, you get what you pay for.

GoToTheGround"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo TolstoyTwitter | My 130lb weight-loss journey in photos & words 

So here's another thought: pregnancy. If I get it on my trunk somewhere and I go and get all pregnant, it'll get all weird and I'll have to have it redone/fixed, yes?

I have one on my right hip, just above.. (reference point it's right near where I have a scar from the removal of my galbladder.

I think it's the best location, personally. When I wear low cut jeans you can see it, but when i wear typical jeans you can't. It is also not visible at work. (A lot of people have seen my tramp stamp, oh well.)

I also had the same concern with preggo. The lady that did it, has a HUGE peice all over her right side like hip to underarm an over top of her ribs. She's had 3 kids and she did say she gets it touched up (tons of color) but other than that, she said that as long as I had a tattoo artist (her) design the tat to allow in th future for a little stretching, it'd be fine. It does make sense. She allowed it in mine. Where it is, yes it'll stretch but as long as I moisterize and take care of it during the process, I'm not expecting it to get messed up. Does that make sense?

You train to look good. I train to kick your ...

If you still look pretty afterwords, you didn't do it right.

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up. Babe Ruth

Archived