Forums are back in action! ×

Burpees… oh… my… god…

kura

Hi everybody,

I’m doing the Dumbbell Division (Rank 1), just into my first week and, man, I’m finding the Burpees finishing move tough! I did about 11 in a 1:30 but then I just had to give up after that cause I was absolutely wrecked. I tried to take it slow and focus on my form and take it slow but I just couldn’t muster the strength today. Anybody doing these for a while that can offer a starter some advice?

So, the general rule is "everybody hates burpees". That is for a reason. I try to embrace burpees! When we get burpees I say "whoo hoo I love burpees!" It kind of helps and I've decided to really work on them.

also, are you throwing yourself down and using knees to get up? I started that way and it really helped. when I fatigue, I still kind of fall to the ground.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

apart from spezzy... but she's just weird like that :P

Burpees are absolutely amazing. Planning my 1000 on the 4th of july again, I think.

Watch how Carl Paoli does them here:

http://gymnasticswod.com/content/burpee

see how he does not squat on the way up? Try to keep your legs as straight as possible. Helps minimize the pain.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
i like keeping my legs wide when doing burpees. It feels more efficient.

faster and more efficient but technically not correct.

Train legs closer together, compete further apart :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Archived