Forums are back in action! ×

Badminton is AMAZING! Does anyone play?

ScrabbleGirl

I used to play badminton when I was younger, back when I thought I was fat, when really I was just tall. Anyway, I stopped when I went to University, but in the last year I've picked it back up again and... Wow. It kicks some serious arse. Awesome cardio, great work out for your arms, legs and reflexes as it's super quick.

Check out this video. In your FACE tennis.

P.s. Have I missed something or is there no forum for sports? Football, rugby, squash, tennis, badminton etc?

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

I love badminton. I haven't played in ages, though. In high school one of the gym teachers had a standing challenge: if you could beat him in badminton you got an A and didn't need to do anything else in class. To my knowledge nobody ever did (unless they were playing doubles vs. him). What made it better is that he was a balding, nondescript-looking 50something guy beating these star athlete teenagers.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Isn't it strange how we all played when we were younger?

I just came home from playing a very few games. Blah.

We played it in highschool too, with a birdie rather than a ball, so much slower! I haven't played in years, but it could be quite fun actually... not sure where I'd go to try it out, now.

Badminton is never played with a ball, always a shuttlecock. But it's not slow! Did you watch the video? It's super fast if you're doing it right ;)

OMG, I would love to get into playing competitive badminton. My senior year in high school we learned it for P.E. and I loved it, it's a fierce game. Once I had played I really wished I had known about it early enough to go out for the team.

Hmmm... this makes me want to see if I can find an adult league in my area.

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

haha. yeah. i played first singles (varsity) in high school. routinely got my ass kicked.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

haha. yeah. i played first singles (varsity) in high school. routinely got my ass kicked.

Singles is really hard though.

Hmmm... this makes me want to see if I can find an adult league in my area.

-jj

You totally should! Great way to meet new people too... The guys I play with organise a tournament once every three months, it's so much fun.

It was varsity for me in high school... loved playing mixed doubles. Played a little more in college, and then I found some groups in my new town, but I haven't played for a few years now, with kids, etc. Such an amazing sport, and yeah... *crazy* fast.

Mixed doubles is my favourite. I'm most comfortable at the net, but since I've been doing intervals I can get around the court much more now. My long shots are pants though. I'm all about the quick reaction times and finesse rather than power. Or I like to think I am ;)

I know, right? It's the feathers. You can get various speeds of shuttle but yeah, the faster the better when it comes to pro play.

I'm so excited there are badminton players on here!

Archived