Forums are back in action! ×

WTF injured again??!!

Rosie

How can this happen? About 2 months ago I finally got over what was a suspected stress fracture in my foot (never confirmed as the hospital didn't think there was any point x-raying it because the treatment would be the same either way- rest, painkillers etc) got back into training and easing myself back into running. Did a 10km on easter monday no problems as well as a few 5kms runs, climbing sessions, zumba classes and trips to the gym. no pain, no problem. and then yesterday at climbing, standing on a hold and *pop* I felt the pain again. Made my way home slowly, iced it, took some pain killers and slept with my leg up on a pillow and then this morning I cant even get to the shower without wincing in pain! How can this happen? How can I be absolutely fine and then suddenly crippled in pain everytime I put the slightest weight on it? I'm so frustrated by it and could cry at the thought of being in pain for weeks again not to mention I've got the Beast in the East 10km mud run in 3 weeks that I've been looking forward to since December :-( sorry to rant but I am so angry at my foot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Thanks guys. I've been sitting on my sofa all day with my leg up on a pillow, icing it and taking ibuprofen. my boss has given me the OK to work from home today and tomorrow as well so I can continue to rest it and hopefully be better as soon as possible!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

After recovering from an injury, the area of the injury still isn't as strong so you're more likely to re-injure it. Usually, a protocol where you start with 40% of the volume and then add 20% a week until you return to the previous workload. If it feels off, drop back 20-40% and build with 10-15% instead. It's pretty conservative, but it's much better to take it slow for a couple of weeks before getting back to your original workload. But you really should discuss this with the doctor.

Hope you'll be better soon!

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

You guys are such great support, so glad to have a community like this where I can vent about things beyond my own control!

KillerGriller you're so right about that, I was planning on doing a 7km run tonight and instead I'm sitting with a bag of frozen peas on my foot and a bottle ibuprofen within arms reach. What doesnt kill us makes us stronger though right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Hey, just wanted to say that I feel your pain! I'm recovering from a bad ankle sprain that I thought was pretty much healed. Then I spent 30 minutes chasing around a dog barefoot and I'm back to the PT, ibuprofen, and ice. Hang in there.

Selkie Warrior
Level 2, STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | STA: 2.8 | CON: 4 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 2.5

Shoshie's "Getting Awesome" Challenge 
Shoshie's "Just Hanging Around" Challenge

Archived