Forums are back in action! ×

Must be the spring air...

Thrillho

This isn't workout related, but as some of you know, I have been on Employment Insurance for three months. We're pretty much broke. I do some house designs on the side, usually specialty stuff like straw bale and superinsulated, but of course this isn't really a sustainable (hah!) business model. All of my clients have hemmed and hawed and basically said "Yeah, we'll get back to you."

Yesterday, Client A said she was going away for two weeks to do some straw / plaster / stucco courses, and she wanted her drawings DONE when she gets back.

Yesterday, Client B said he was sick of going back and forth by e-mail, so he and his builder are flying out (!!!) in May to spend a weekend with me and bash out the designs for his house.

Yesterday, Client C came back from a two month break, ever since they realized their gigantic monstrosity of a house might be a little expensive to build, and they had a much smaller house plan in mind. They want working drawings to bring to builders and contractors as soon as possible.

Yesterday, while hanging out on Facebook, Friend D came online (she hasn't said hi for months) and said "You do house plans, right? I need reno drawings for my house, and my friend wants a log house, and wants to build in August. Do you still do that?"

When it rains, it pours! MAN, I hope some of this translates into money soon!

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Archived