Forums are back in action! ×

Just signed up today, looking for somewhere to get the support and encouragement and the occasional hi five as I no longer have a trainer to provide that.  Not new to fitness, I've worked out most of my life but had horrible nutrition, always been overweight.  Type 2 diabetic, heading towards retirement so planning to get my personal training certification as I think there are people that I can help who have similar health and fitness issues.  Start the course in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

Hi there @Sportsnut! Welcome to the Rebellion - I'm so glad you found your way here!

There is ALL KINDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT floating around the forums at any given moment of the day or night, so you have definitely found the right place!

Congrats on preparing to earn your physical training cert - that is so exciting! Are you hoping to teach classes locally when you're done? Also, you mentioned your nutrition was "horrible" - are you looking to make changes in that area?

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

Hi there @Sportsnut! Welcome to the Rebellion - I'm so glad you found your way here!

There is ALL KINDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT floating around the forums at any given moment of the day or night, so you have definitely found the right place!

Congrats on preparing to earn your physical training cert - that is so exciting! Are you hoping to teach classes locally when you're done? Also, you mentioned your nutrition was "horrible" - are you looking to make changes in that area?

Yep, finding my way around the various threads and adding where I think I can provide support and encouragement.  So many people doing awesome things!  

Not sure if I'll teach fitness classes or work more with individuals like me, boomers who want help with lifestyle improvements to stay healthy and independant as long as possible.  

I've made some nutrition changes, got my blood sugar back under control so able to reduce my medication (type 2 diabetic), lost 25 lbs so far and in the best physical shape of my life.  Will keep letting the weight come off, not really working at it but benefiting from the change in food choices.  RHR now is 58, and HR recovery in one minute is about 34 BPM so I'm happy with that.  

thanks for the warm welcome!