Forums are back in action! ×

SOOO SORE!!

mandy75

Oh my, my body hurts this morning. I only made it to the gym on Monday last week. I had to miss the rest due to traveling, and got home Friday night. I got up and went to weight training yesterday morning. I did 10x10 clean and jerks with a 35lb bar and 5x50 kettle bell swings with a 20lb kettle bell. my whole body hurts, holy crap. My shoulder blades, inner thighs, arms, abs, everything. I knew I was wore out afterwards, but I didn't think I would be this sore. I haven;t been this sore in awhile. I kinda like it and kinda don't...lol

1 Rep Max Deadlift-180lbs

1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk-90lbs

1 Rep Max Push Press-70lbs

1 Rep Max Back Squat-135lbs

1 Rep Strict Press-65lbs

Fitocracy

2 weeks till Hawaii

Speaking of soreness...I worked out particularly hard last night. I'm in the 24 hour honeymoon window where I feel muscle fatigue but can still move and am dreading not being able to walk down stairs tomorrow. Anybody have tips to speed/aid recovery? I had a protein shake after my workout last night and a lean protein dinner, have incorporated a ton more protein and healthy fats into my diet and cut out carbs. Anything else I could be doing? I'm kinda sick of working out hard and then being out of commission for a week.

CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS

I'm the one in the picture without the giant orange beard, thankyouverymuch

Speaking of soreness...I worked out particularly hard last night. I'm in the 24 hour honeymoon window where I feel muscle fatigue but can still move and am dreading not being able to walk down stairs tomorrow. Anybody have tips to speed/aid recovery? I had a protein shake after my workout last night and a lean protein dinner, have incorporated a ton more protein and healthy fats into my diet and cut out carbs. Anything else I could be doing? I'm kinda sick of working out hard and then being out of commission for a week.

Get some good stretching in after you work out. Otherwise, just keep doing what you're doing - the DOMS will get less severe over time.

Archived