Forums are back in action! ×

Who would like to be my "mentor" for the new challenge?

oystergirl

Hey all, most of you know me, and if you don't you know I am a 48 year old mom of two girls who is interested in rock and roll, baseball, travel, cooking, fitness, nature, gardening and eating healthy.

I have NEVER...yes, never played a video game after the original nintendo super mario brothers where I got so addicted I bought the book to tell me where all the hidden paths were and even the insert so you couldn't die...I realized THEN (what was that 1985? I was probably 18)...that videos were not right for me...

So, I can't deny that reading Spezzy's well thought out, well designed reality game made no sense to me....it also gave me a tiny memory related feeling of anxiety...just like quitting smoking, the idea of going back to that type of addictive behavior isn't going to work for me...

I want to be involved, I love the challenges, but I simply do not understand, will not comprehend this set up.

that said, I do not want to be a party pooper so I came up with an idea. Of course, if spezzy does not think its a good idea I will decline, but I want to be someones "pawn" yep...I want someone to evaluate ME and my strengths...read my past challenge goals and I want them to "set me up" it shouldnt take a lot of your time if you are good at this stuff...then I will review your set up and tweak things if your ideas are not appropriate or wont fit with my life right now...then we agree and I do what you say...

In exchange, you get me as your cheerleader during the challenge and if you need any energetic support I am there for you.

Please reply here and let me know what you think. I know there are a few of us older folks who might be interested in this type of set up...again, if Spezzy doesn't think this is a good idea, I will respectfully decline....I think this should ONLY take a few minutes to figure out what guild I should be in, what my character points would be and what my overall "character" should be doing to forward my goals...THANKS for your consideration of my servitude!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

go for it :) i can help out anyone who needs it as well.

easiest way is probably through the chatroom, just send me a PM (though I'm not going to be around the next few hours, I'll be around all night)

just a reminder to everyone: if you dont want to play with attribute points and all of that you don't have to. :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I'd be willing to help anyone that needs it! PM me.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Me, pm me as needed. Awesomeness abounds. Mario brothers, ms pacman, shit even pong - we got you covered

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I love the kilt in you avatar Book...seriously, I can't figure out what guild I should be even! I mean, I do interval full body training (circuits, mostly body weight), dance, walking and yoga...is there a guild that involves doing many different types of exercise but isn't about cross fit? I guess I will put myself into the adventurer segment or ask spezzy to rate me....LOL

I love the kilt in you avatar Book...seriously, I can't figure out what guild I should be even! I mean, I do interval full body training (circuits, mostly body weight), dance, walking and yoga...is there a guild that involves doing many different types of exercise but isn't about cross fit? I guess I will put myself into the adventurer segment or ask spezzy to rate me....LOL

It depends on your focus. Warriors are building up strength. Scouts are runners. Assassins are all about gymnastics and parkour. Druids are into yoga and meditation. Monks know kung fu. If you're after a mix, you're either a ranger (warrior/scout mix) or an adventurer (the undecided ones and the beginners). You won't necessarily fit into any one guild completely, so just go with the one that you're most drawn to.

Me, I'm too new to this to be anything but an adventurer. Ultimately I see rangerdom in my future.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I don't do crossfit per se. I do crossfit type workouts sometimes, functional fitness stuff sometimes, playground workouts about once a week, sometimes I just do a week of heavy lifting with a day of running (last week). Sometimes I do yoga and two days of lifting. Meh. This makes me a ranger.

You can be a ranger if you want. Or pick adventurer. Don't feel trapped by it. It's really just the wrapping paper for your challenge.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I didn't get the impression that Ranger was just cross-fit. I think you would fit in there just fine. Having said that... I'm in Adventurers. Just sayin' :).

assasins are also about bodyweight and some yoga for flexibility. I think you could choose any of the ones that have mentioned. Wherever you go the squads will support you.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

hey, after looking through all the guilds I decided to do adventurer because I don't fit in to any of the categories squarely being a round peg. LOL

I also realized that being a pawn was kind of a cop out...I don't have to view this as a game, which is fun to you all, I can view it still as a challenge with new rules and that is always fun to a polymath like me...so I am gonna figure this out. Thanks for all your help folks and best of luck!

Yay for you Oystergirl! I'm 41, and the last time I played a RPG was in 7th grade -- Dungeons and Dragons, with dice and graph paper. It took me a good long while to decide what attributes I already have, what goals I should set, and then how to allocate attribute-points to the goals. But if I can do it, so can you!

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Archived