Forums are back in action! ×

Woot for gems eyesight

Guest Gemeaux

Guest Gemeaux

This is a off topic woot .

I am really short sighted and wear contacts , even they don't give me 20/20 due to a fuck up when I was a kid .

Contacts are fine , but I want to be able to just wake up and see something , plus I want to go to the beach and swim and not have to wear lame goggles .

My mum mentioned to a family friend that I want them done soon , and said family friend came over for dinner tonight and she said she will help me pay for the surgery :)

I almost cried , I'm so touched . Of course I'm paying it back but this will help so much . I'm also a bit scared of this big change . I think it will also make a huge change to my confidence .

Having worn contacts & glasses since I was 12 (crap… that's 20 years now…) I would love to get some laser eye surgery. (That's assuming the tech arrives, and I don't have to wear Cyclops-style ruby glasses). I'd also like to get them lasered so I can see well w/o the lenses too. I've had several friends and family have it done, and they love it. I'd love to be able to wake up and be able to see what I'm doing without fumbling around for my specs, or do some activities without worrying about losing a contact.

Congrats! But yes, do the research. I know quite a few people that have had it done and love it, but like Denny said, it IS a surgery.

I wear contacts most days of the week. I have new glasses that I love so I wear them more often lately. But I have Night & Day contact lenses that I sleep in and just have to put rewetting drops in my eyes when I wake up. I've never had any problem with losing them and I can swim with my eyes open under water for short periods with no issue. Maybe look into them if the surgery ends up not being what you want right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 3

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - General George S. Patton

Archived