Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! I'm Perdi. I'm trying to get in shape. I'm morbidly obese, currently, and have been since I was 20. I'm 37 years old now, and it's got me a bit nervous about my health. One day, I realized. This is it. There is no more waiting for New Years or waiting till I've lost some weight before I start exercising, or waiting till I move, or... so I bought the Rebel Fitness Guide that day and started doing the Rookie routines that night. I'm two weeks into it and excited. For the first time in years, I know I can lost the weight. Even better, I'll be strong! I'll have muscles! I never had those even when I was thin. I can't wait to see what I look like in a year! I'm still working my way up...from wall pushups, to knee pushups soon, to regular ones....from 10 reps per set of squats to 12...and soon to 15...but I'm doing it. Three times a week. All I have to do is stay the course, and begin to make the changes in my diet to help that along. I'm vegetarian, but I eat too many processed foods. Right now I'm concentrating on drinking water and giving up soda. Next, I add in more veggies to my meals...etc. I'm very excited to be part of the Rebellion!

"What you want is irrelevant; what you've chosen is at hand." - Spock

Archived