Forums are back in action! ×

Jumping in...

Hi, I'm Cyndi, basically a princess type that didn't worry about weight or exercise for a long time. Then one day it all caught up to me. I turn 40 this year, I'm 30 pounds overweight and my joints are starting to give out. Two years ago I half-heartedly started the Couch to 5k program, because all my friends were doing it. I did my first 5k last year and actually completely two Warrior Dashes, once again, half-heartedly. I've done sparkpeople, Weight Watchers, and myfitnesspal, all half-heartedly. The results? I haven't lost any weight and I don't feel any better about myself.

I'm finally sick of my lack of motivation, sick of my lack of commitment. I haven't seen the results I want because I haven't been really trying. I've needed someone to kick my butt and it looks like it's going to be me.

I'm so ready to be HEALTHY. To not struggle with eating food that does bad things to my body. To have enough energy to go downstairs and start the laundry. To take my dogs for a walk. To quit putting off things I should have done last week. My mantra is "Form Follows Function." What is my function? The form will follow. The function/class I'm pursuing is Adventurer, but I long to have the freedom of a Scout.

Found NF after googling the Paleo diet. I'm so ready to try something natural that actually works. I've done Atkins in the past and got great results, but it seems a bit extreme. I just want to be able to know I'm eating healthy, know I'm snacking on foods that are helping my body and not hindering it, and not worry about counting points or calories. (I'm really going to miss cupcakes though.)

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and jumping into this adventure!

level 1 Amazon. Scout at heart, training with the Adventurers.
STR 1 / DEX 1 / STA 2 / CON 4 / WIS 4.5 / CHA 4.5

Hi cyndidee! Lots of us here love Paleo and some of us even have good recipes :)

To add a profile pic, go up to "forum actions" at the top of the page (in the grey bar just under the red area). Click on "edit profile" and a bunch of options will come up on the left. You should be able to add a pic from there :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Picture uploaded! No idea why that link wasn't showing up last night. Or maybe it was just too late.

Off to find Paleo recipes. Thank you!

level 1 Amazon. Scout at heart, training with the Adventurers.
STR 1 / DEX 1 / STA 2 / CON 4 / WIS 4.5 / CHA 4.5

Welcome and woot for paleo

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Archived