Forums are back in action! ×

A coincidence brought me here...

During my longer-than-normal shift at work, I vowed to make this the week.

Despite me waiting on a phone call that may require me to pack the life I just created here and move back home, this is the week that I'm going to really start taking care of myself.

What's the coincidence, you ask? (or not, that's cool too)

While on break, I checked my email and saw the announcement from NerdFitness here about a new challenge starting today. Perfect!

So here I am.

Hi, I'm CC. (Hiiii CC...)

I (finally) graduated college in December so, as sort of mentioned before, I'm now adjusting to life in the working world. It's fun, most of the time. But more than anything, I get to finally focus on myself! Yay!

(Also stats: 5'6" or so, 218 last I checked. Main goal is to get under 200 and stay there.)

I like to read and do word searches. They help the time pass by at work. I have the entire Scott Pilgrim graphic novel series and am trying to read all of John Green's books...any suggestions on books to read would be awesome! I'd be up for pretty much any genre.

I have also played video games as long as I can remember, but sadly can't play my DS during work. Any suggestions for new games would be awesome, too. Mario is fun, as is Sonic, Kirby, and any classic games, but I'd be up for anything there as well.

And I write. I have been working on a (somewhat) "based on a true story" thing for a while now.

I am doing pretty well in the healthy eating area of things, I think. I'm that girl proudly chowing down on a salad in the break room while everyone else is picking out something from the vending machines. (Although I do let myself indulge every now and then)

It's the exercise part that needs help. I need a plan that I will stick to. Ironically enough, I'm going to 'return' the free 14-day gym membership I won tomorrow morning (too far away, too much money, etc) so that won't help. But I like biking, and am hoping to move into a place with a better fitness center than mine has right now (seriously, my place only has an elliptical and weights...).

Any advice on that one would be especially awesome.

I think that's it, so hi! *waves* I'll be posting my challenge stuff over in that thread momentarily. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(picture not mine, credit: somewhere on tumblr.com)

A proud nerd (and recent college grad) on a quest for a better life. Aren't we all?

MyFitnessPal | Twitter| My 6-Week Challenge | My Introduction

Hiiiiii CC! Congrats on making the decision to change things around :) The only thing I can say is don't wait to start! For me, waiting to start exercising (under the guise of 'preparing' myself) always resulted in...never really actually starting. I too have limited access to gym equipment (a couple of 30lb dumbbells), and signing up for Fitocracy really helped me in two ways: giving me a little incentive to push myself HARD during workouts (10 more points and I level up! Ok I'll do ONE MORE set of pushups), and there is also a huge list of different exercises you can do based on your equipment. If you select "bodyweight", a ton of different bodyweight exercises (ones that you can do in your apartment or pretty much anywhere) will pop up. Last night I discovered that doing mountain climbers is an awesome way to work out my core...way better than doing a million dumb crunches.

You so don't need a gym to get in shape...use your apartment gym for the weight section, ride your bike, and have fun with it!

CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS

I'm the one in the picture without the giant orange beard, thankyouverymuch

Welcome CC and congratulations on making the decision to change things up!

Feel free to take a look around..there are so many good resources (and great people) on the forums to help you level up your life :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Archived