Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everybody. It's your dad.

OK maybe not but I bet I could be to some of you. I'm about to turn 48 and I've been lurking on the site for quite a while, as I have some long term nerdish tendencies. That is to say, I saw Star Wars back when it was just Star Wars, played DND version 1.0, and have been a trekker since it was on tv. The first time.

Anyway, I'm here to get inspiration and energy from all you rebels to improve my life. I'm a father/stepfather of 5, ranging from 15 to 27, with a management job where I'm the boss. Which isn't all it's cracked up to be. So the combination of stress, bad diet, and lack of exercise (turns out swinging a sword in Skyrim doesn't burn many calories) have put 275 lbs on my 6'4" frame. It's gotta go before I do. I just got my labs back from my annual checkup and my wife, who is a nurse, freaked out. Pretty much anything that can go wrong is. So I need to grind.

If I can bring anything to the table here, it's probably a sense of urgency. Whatever you do, you need to do it now. Before you know it, decades will pass and you'll be lamenting lost opportunities.

So in the spirit of NF, today I start a new character. I'm level 1. Looking back only to learn from past mistakes, looking forward with a new hope (sorry) to my new quest. I'm proud to be in your company. Time to kill some rats.

CaptainG..grizzled vet beginning a new quest.Traded too much STR for WIS. Time to level back up.

Guest Snake McClain

well mr. captain dad I'd say it's time to get started. Any plans on where you are going to start?

Welcome aboard. I'm Snake McClain. and i lift heavy things. you should too.

Welcome aboard dad! ;)

So yeah. You need specific, measurable goals and a plan to get there. No worries if you don't have them yet; sometimes they take a while to develop.

Re: lifting heavy. YES.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Welcome!

You can join the other older fellas that keep handing us unsurmountable throw downs.

RE: Yes to the strength. join us at the Warriors guild.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Welcome CaptainG from a fellow NF'er that saw Star Wars in the theater as a kid. There are several of us "over 40" guys and gals around. You'll fit in just fine.

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Archived