Forums are back in action! ×

GIVE ME COSTUME IDEAS - Details within

BadWolf

I am enlisting the help of my fellow nerds.

My Mom is having a graduation party on June 2nd, for which The Musician and I need costumes.

Her requirements for our costumes are: pre-1900 author, literary character, or historical figure.

I was going to be Mary Wollstonecraft, but I'm interested to see what "youse"* and your big, juicy brains can come up with for The Musician and I.

Stipulations: I want a female personage, The Musician male.

As payment, I leave you with my brother's (possibly drunken) message of the night: "JEN DO NOT BRING THAT ATTITUDE IN HERE WE DONT OFFBEATS OR TURNIPS OR ANYTHING OF THAT UNCOMELY NATURE".

*youse- the Philadelphia equivalent to "y'all", "you guys". "You" plural.

Dude, Ben Franklin (and pretty much any woman) or Edgar Allen Poe! Very Philly.

Btw, I'm in Philly too.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Edgar Allen Poe and the black cat (instead of mrs Poe who I think was just whiny)

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

You have not experienced Shakespeare, until you have read him in the original Klingon!!!

taH pagh taHbe' !!!

Go as the Klingon bard Wil'yam Shex'pir

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Lady Ada Lovelace and Charles Babbage. (If the guy hadn't kept trashing his experiments and starting over, we'd have had mechanical calculators by the 1850s.) Mind you, Mary Wollstonecraft was seriously badass... "Frankenstein" was based on the most up-to-date knowledge of physics and anatomy. Of course, that would put The Musician in the role of Percy Bysshe Shelley, and you don't want him running around the party drinking heavily and trying to pick up women.

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

King Arthur and Guinevere? You could go baddass movie version with the boy and arrows and blue paint all over. Plus The Musician would get to have a sword.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

King Arthur and Guinevere? You could go baddass movie version with the boy and arrows and blue paint all over. Plus The Musician would get to have a sword.

Giggity.

My vote would be for The Musicial for Mr. Poe, and you could do a highly stylized version of the Raven (a-la Black Swan when she finally loses it at the end).

& Grendel's mother. But not Robert Zemeckis' Jolie Grendel's mother. I'm talkin' John Gardener's hulking, flaccid she-beast version of Grendel's mother. Like, put a wig on a Jabba the Hutt costume and you're golden.

Or Queen Boudica. She was pretty badass and highly under-appreciated from a historical perspective, imo.

I was Boudicca for Halloween two years in a row! If I'd known about this party earlier I could've done, but I turned the outfit into a shorter dress. Le sad...

How about some old West American historical figures? Doc Holliday may be one of my favorite historical figures. Go rent Tombstone and tell me Val Kilmer doesn't make having tuberculosis look sexy... :) Kate Horony was his lady and she was a very strong woman for those times. Hungarian immigrant, business owner, super intelligent and not afraid of anything. Plus I think old West costumes are so much fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 3

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - General George S. Patton

Archived