Forums are back in action! ×

Starting out...

Hello everyone!

I'm Jesse, and I'm new to the Rebellion.

First, a little about me...

28 years old, female, work a fairly sedentary job in IT (thus the geekery)

Love running but make excuses far too frequently as to why I can't squeeze in a run today

Love cycling when the weather permits (I live in Chicago -- also probably an excuse)

Haven't lifted anything heavy, really ever.

Squishy in parts that I never wanted to get squishy. :)

I believed for a long time that girls should do high reps, low weight. I'm small and muscular as is, so the last thing I wanted was to "bulk up." I'm 5'0", 123lbs, and would like to tone up and lose the squish.

I've read the site for a long time, but decided to join the Rebellion and get in on one of these 6-week challenges. Looking forward to some camaraderie along the way.

Let's do this!! :)

Hi Jesse! I'm new too and joined for some of the same reasons as you. I'm 27, female, and 5'3", so I was also fed the same crap about not lifting heavy or you'll GET BULKY AND MANLY AHHH! I'm definitely a runner, not a weight lifter, but I actually kinda like body weight exercises - never thought I'd say that! Anyway, welcome!!

Current Challenge: Roocifer's Eat and Run Challenge | Fitocracy

Level 2 Scout: STR: 4.25 | DEX: 8.75 | STA: 8.75 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7.5 | CHA: 7.75

I feel my boots trying to leave the ground, I feel my heart pumping hard, I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing, as though I had wings. - Mary Oliver

Archived