Forums are back in action! ×

First Tattoo Woot!

Killabyte

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3005[/ATTACH]

I told myself I'd get my first tattoo after I hit a fitness goal. I finally did it!

Gia ton patéra mou

"for my father" in Greek.

Making the switch to a healthy and active lifestyle in 2012 has changed the way I look at every situation life has thrown at me. My father (who passed away in 2008 due to a heart attack), is one of the biggest motivators for giving every workout my all. I dedicate many ass-kicking sessions at the gym or games on the volleyball court to him. Thinking of him gives me that extra push through that last painful rep, those last few minutes of sprints, and those moments in the kitchen preparing healthy food to take care of my body.

I chose Greek because I'm very much into Greek mythology! The culture of gods and men and women with amazing aesthetics greatly appeals to me. It makes me shoot for being "god-like" in the gym and in life. Movies like 300 and The Immortals excite me. Now, whenever I see junk food, I ask myself, "would a god eat this?" And that pretty much makes me avoid all twinkies and such.

Now I'm on my own quest for epic aesthetics and living life on a god-like level. Every shoulder press, every tricep extension, every volleyball spike and block, I will be forever reminded of one of the main reasons for pushing my body to its limits.

post-6283-13567243737997_thumb.jpg

Very nice! And I love that the first tattoo has such deep meaning for you. I tell my sons that when they're 18, I'll get them their first tattoo - but it needs to have meaning. You will always remember your first time...

Dwarf Assassin | Level 2

STR (2) ~ DEX (3) ~ STA (3) ~ CON (3) ~ WIS (1) ~ CHA (3) 

Current Challenge Thread | 101 Things
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions." -Robin Hood

I've about 90% decided to get a tattoo (my first) when I hit goal. Woot for you!

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

Amazing tatt and motivation! And like others have said, they are addictive! Congrats!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 3

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - General George S. Patton

"would a god eat this?" is quite possibly the most awesome motivational quip I've ever heard.

Seconded!!! Love it and may have to put this up on my fridge when I get home!

Karma Stu

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 I DEX: 3 I STA: 3 I CON: 2 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2

Karma restored

"You have to want it more than you want to continue feeling comfortable, and until you do, you're not going to change a damn thing - no matter how much you lament not being or doing what you 'want'." - Evicious

I love it!!!

And what Scott said... Welcome to the lifelong addiction. I've been fighting the erge to get a new one for a long time (I have 3 and my husband doesn't like the idea of me getting another!) I'm sure ill cave.

Keep up the great work and way to motivate us all with your story and background :).

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

This is so cool! I still feel like a rockstar when I look at my tattoo...and can't wait to get another one! I hope this one is always a great reminder of your goals.

Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible. - Julius Caesar William Shakespeare

All knowledge is worth having. - Kushiel's Dart Jacqueline Carey

Archived