Forums are back in action! ×

Completely new here and just saying hi!

Hi everyone!  I'm a 37 year old mom of two.  I'm at my heaviest weight to date (260 lbs) and have been on a diet roller coaster since I had my first child at age 18.  Well, probably before that if I'm honest.  I have lost 60 + lbs twice before, but I haven't made lasting change.   I love lifting weights and I started with starting strength, but after a car wreck, a foot injury, and gaining weight back I let my gym membership go and continued to gain.  It's been a couple of years since I was eating well and exercising, and I can feel it.  My back hurts (partially from the wreck, partially from the weight) and I am really out of shape.  I now have a pf membership and  am  going to have to learn to use machines more than free weights.  I'm just trying to find some motivation to get going in the right direction again. I'd like to be a healthy weight and be living a more active life by the time I'm 40, which is a little over  2 and a half years away.    I know that I tend to lose motivation after a while, so I'm trying to find a way to stay focused long term.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JessFit said:

Hi Friend! Welcome to NF, we're thrilled to have you. If you set up a challenge thread, come back and post it here so I can follow along and cheer you on! 

Thanks for the welcome.  I look forward to getting to know everyone. 

I've got a challenge thread at https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/113680-fitbyfortys-first-challenge/

and a battle log here  https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/113681-gonna-be-fitbyforty/

• Like 1