Forums are back in action! ×

A mile under 10!!!

All my life, I have absolutely dreaded running. In middle school, I hated Wednesday run days more than anything. Today, I decided that I would finally crush that part of me that said I couldn't be a runner. I got on that treadmill, and I ran a full mile without stopping. 9 minutes and 27 seconds later, I enthusiastically hit the "stop" button. Not because I was ready to be done with my workout, but because I just completed my challenge. A mile under ten and loving every second of it. :)

"Down there we know, the streets we know, but up here? Nobody's been here." ~ David Belle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm totally going to keep trying to take that time down. I can get 3 miles in 33 minutes right now, and if I could train to run a 5k in under 30... Well, that would be amazing. :)

"Down there we know, the streets we know, but up here? Nobody's been here." ~ David Belle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hahaha. Well, two weeks ago, I did 3 miles in 35 minutes. Last week I did 3 miles in 33 minutes. I'm not too far from it; I just have to push my self a little harder. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congrats ... That's one of my challenges this time round so it's encouraging to see it can be done!

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Oh, it definitely can be done! Surprisingly, I think my weight lifting gave me the upper hand on this one. I've tried several times before and failed, but after a month of weight lifting I was finally able to push myself to keep a steady pace. :) You can do it!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like it maybe time to sign up for my first 5K! Although... I need to try it outside first. I have a history of exercise-induced asthma, so when I'm actually encountering moving air, my lungs and throat aren't too happy. But, one step at a time and my body will acclimate, I'm sure. ^^ Woot!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm totally going to keep trying to take that time down. I can get 3 miles in 33 minutes right now, and if I could train to run a 5k in under 30... Well, that would be amazing. :)

That's fabulous!

I hear myself echoing in your comments about not being a runner!

Your time is admirable to say the least! I was at 13min this morning, but I don't currently have the lung capacity....

damnit, I feel a challenge coming on! I'm going to beat your time.....

and I am working on a sub 30 5k as well!

You can do it girl!!!

Pixie, challenge accepted.

Tiger, my sentiments exactly. The trick is to run swiftly and silently, both toward your target and away from the finished job. I also need to work on my pressure-point triggers and knife-fighting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived