Forums are back in action! ×

Easy Question, Need an answer by end of work day....

I did a weights day on Wednesday after Running Tuesday. Had to take a day off yesterday for a class, it was planned so all good.

I'm still pretty sore in my triceps and quads after Wednesday, and I'm "supposed" to do weights again today. Should I:

a - work through the soreness and do weights as planned.

b - go for a run tonight and do weights tomorrow, essentially switching those planned workouts

c - skip this weight day to heal, and do some yoga at home to help stretch and keep the muscles warm, then continue with a run tomorrow and weights on sunday.

I just need to know what will be beneficial and keep me from overtraining and hurting myself. I'm in this to win it this time, and I don't want to kill myself trying...

Same as others. If it's just a bit of soreness like "oh wow, I can really tell I worked that!" then I workout anyhow. If it's "holy cow I can't lift my arm or sit on the toilet", I would skip. If it's "I'm actually experiencing pain and need ibuprofen" I would skip ( actually, I'm stupid enough to keep working out but don't advise it)

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

It's just soreness. It'll dissipate during the warmup. Barring sickness, injury or very important life stuff a beginner should NEVER skip a workout.

this.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

yep - i once read that there's two types of pain during workouts - fatigue pain, and injury pain. If it's not injury pain, you can work through it. If it's injury pain... you're injured. :P

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Guest Snake McClain
A. Even bad DOMS is still just DOMS. You'll feel fine by set 2.

i wish i had known this when i first started. i always waited until the soreness went away. so i would go the first week and only workout once or twice a week because i didn't know better. *facepalm* so stupid of me.

yep - i once read that there's two types of pain during workouts - fatigue pain, and injury pain. If it's not injury pain, you can work through it. If it's injury pain... you're injured. :P

True. and funny. Unless you're injured. then it isn't funny.

My first workout saw me doing pretty much everything in Steve's list. It never occurred to me that I might need to build up to it. I did remarkably well but I did feel some sharper pain in my right leg that didn't clear up for a few days. I took an extra rest day for that. Aches/tiredness? That shows it's working - push harder!

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Archived