Forums are back in action! ×

New Nerd Fitness Recruit, Ready to Work

Hi everyone,

I just signed up for the site and I'm catching up with my Rangers group. I'm still in the middle of setting up my goals, but I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jessica, and I live in Brooklyn. Like many people here I became curious about Nerd Fitness after reading about Staci. I've been weight training with a Stumpuous-based plan for a few weeks, but Staci -- specifically, Staci's arms -- have convinced me to switch to barbell training. It's been a challenge because I'm under 5'1", but it's a good challenge. I'm up for it.

Besides learning to lift with the best form I can, my general fitness/health goals are to find a martial arts class that I enjoy and commit to it, and to eat more vegetables. My non-fitness goals this year have been to finish Infinite Jest (got it done last week, I'm reading Ulysses now) and to learn conversational Spanish (this is not going as great, though I can say 'I don't know' really well).

The support and advice I've seen on the boards so far is amazing, so I'm excited to be part of this group! My real life friends are great, but they don't like to nerd on diet and goals and weight training (which I have not been able to convince one friend -- male or female -- to try, but my friends are babies). So let's be board friends, guys!

Welcome to the Rebellion I just joined too! I too want (need Ie bachelor degree requirement) to learn a second language. Have ya heard about Benny the irish polyglot? I found him out thru here. He's great place to start. hey maybe we can learn -and- get fit together!

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

Hiya Jess,

Have similar goals- clean up the diet, train and develop fitness, learn a second language (Im looking into mandarin Chinese), have wanted to learn a martial art (i may live in a small town but we have a few trainers. Working shift makes it hard to commit to anything like that weekly though.) Am leaning towards being a ranger myself but am going with adventurer while I settle into it all.

Anyway.

Best of luck, hope you achieve each and everyone of your goals.

Fitocracy - Intro - Facebook

[table=width: 100, align: center]

STR

DEX

STA

CON

WIS

CHA

[/table]

Archived