Forums are back in action! ×

Stepping up & joining the rebellion

Hey Everyone!

I'm 26 years old and overweight, really just really kind of sick of it. I'm better then where I am now. and want to take life by the horns. It'll be a long hard road, and it'll take a while but it'll be worth it. Found this website through Stumble Upon and thanking nerd god/ goddess for it. Steve and the rest of ya'll are so inspiring. I want to be that inspiring one day. I trying to transition myself from a firecracker (tons of motivation at start then push myself too hard too fast and fizzle out quickly) to a tortoise (slow and steady wins the race.. or some kind of equivalent) Make it for the long haul. Any advice on how to become part of this community and where to start off is more then welcome!

Thanks

Doodle

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

Hey, dude, glad to have you here! What kind of goals do you have?

Welcome, lets help each other along the way.

Awwwww! Go team!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Totally not a dude but a dudette but thank both of you! I read the blog religiously and re read the blog religiously. Work out where I want to be and making plans is the tough part. I feel like I just need to -do- something. not push myself too hard (which is what happens) and form a habit of it. and really work my way from there. I used to dance for 15 years before high school (its been <10 years since high school) I want to be healthy and not have my body hinder me from whatever I want to do. I enjoy dancing still though I don't do it nearly as much as i once did. I enjoy Geocaching (for any of you who don't know what that is it is AWESOME! Online/Real world Treasure hunting GREAT activity to do with the kids get to hike and see parts of the world in a different way.) I'm fascinated in Parkour, walking/running/jogging, Martial Arts and Yoga.

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

Archived