Forums are back in action! ×

Hello World ;)

Hi, my name is Sasha. I'm 26 year old guy from Minsk, Belarus (go look on the map :smug:).

Right on last Christmas I broke my spine and had to spent around 6 weeks in bed and that got me thinking a lot about my life, friends, vocation, and people. I realized that for the past 2 years I had been flowing with the current, not going with my own direction. In fact, it appeared I didn't have any direction! I didn't like that, and therefore decided I had to make drastic changes and start searching for myself.

The first decision was very easy. I quit my job last week, so I can be open to new opportunities and possibilities. You can't absorb new things, till you carry tons of attachments. I'm quite stable in financial terms and have several months to figure out what I'd like to do next.

I've leveled-up the "brain" part of my body pretty well. However, as the Greeks were determined to achieve Kalos kagathos, harmony of mind and body, I'm on a quest to power up my body as well. I'm not excessively overweight and don't judge people by kilograms they hold. Perfect body is the one you are comfortable with and in. Right now I'm not comfortable with it at all. This has to change as well.

While I'll be in search for my next occupation, I'd also like to transform into a high-class warrior. Hope you guys will inspire me and support along the way. Same stands for me - I'd be happy to share any valuable experience and be a contributor to nerd fitness community.

Here I start ;)

Good morning and welcome nlupus!

What condition is your body in? Are you still in the rehabilitation phase of your injury or are you wanting to start lifting weights or running. Do you have any goals?

You have overcome major things in your life, and with your attitude, you'll go a long way!

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys :)

I'm still in rehabilitation, but it's going very well. I've started with biking, as this is what I enjoy the most. I go about 90kms every week, and the goal right now is 500kms till 1st of July. I'll have to come up with something new pretty soon, as 160kms are already in :)

Can't lift weights for now, so working with my own body, though I have to go very carefully as I'm not as flexible as I used to be before the injury. So strength training will have to wait, unfortunately.

I have a question regarding running. I've started more than 5 times in the past, and always failed after first week. Of course I'm lazy, but I'm always excited to go on biking, and dreadful when it comes to running. Is there some mental block or am I doing something wrong? I've tried various approaches, intervals, etc. but still suck at it.

One more questions, does everyone do paleo?

I would guess that the only consistent thing about nerdfitness diet plans is that everybody is trying to avoid sugar as much as they can. If not for that rice milk this morning, I would have been completely sugar free today.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Welcome and good luck with your goals!

I guess with your recent injury, heavy lifting won't be something you should do - are you even interested in lifting? Have you, prior to your injury, done other kinds of fitness than biking?

I don't know too much about training while in rehab - yoga or the easier bodyweight workouts might be possible, too.

Btw, I didn't have to look on the map for Belarus or Minsk. Yay my geography teacher.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rix - Level 2 Amazon Assassin

STR 7 | DEX 6 | CON 7 | STA 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 4 | LVL 3

LVL 2 | LVL 1

Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.

Conan O'Brien

[/table]

Welcome to the Rebellion!

I would check with your dr or PT before you start any new exercise routine, so you can be sure it won't interfere with your recovery.

As far as running goes, some people don't enjoy it...and that's ok. If you're really interested, I would start slow. When I first started running, I actually ran slower than I could walk! Also, make yourself a plan and stick with it. Eventually it will become part of your routine...as basic as taking a shower or brushing your teeth.

Re: paleo, not everyone here does it. Several vocal members are very into it (myself somewhat included) but like Pat said, you can find all sorts of nutritional advice here.

Again, welcome, and I hope you find this place as awesome as I do!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Archived