Forums are back in action! ×

Better late than...

For nearly a year, I've been periodically checking nerdfitness.com, dreaming of a chance to get in better shape. This is not a unique thing. You see, I have always loved the idea of learning and achieving new things. I tend to find something new on the internet, get excited about it, and work very hard on it for all of a week.

At the end of a week, I've experienced it, figured it out, and just managed to get to the tedious part of a larger project. And then, once the novelty has worn off, I get bored with said project, and quit. There is evidence of this habit all over our house. A third of a chainmaille shirt, most of a crochet'd baby blanket for both of the three year old kids born to our close set of friends, slings made of paracord and rope, a stave of wood that are just beginning to look like a longbow and another that is beginning to look like a jo (not bo) staff for Aikido.

Because of this habit, I have been scared to try getting into shape. There have been a couple aborted attempts before. Quitting soda lasts for a while, and dropping the fast food just as long. Last summer I tried to do the C25K program, and missed the part that said not to exceed the program or your body will rebel. Then my body rebelled. This history has kept me from beginning the Beginner Body Weight Circuit that is available for free on this website.

However, times have changed. For the last 9 months or so, I have been going back to school, after several years absence. I have re-enrolled at the university, and, assuming I didn't bomb my final Monday, will be wearing my cap and gown on Sunday. Going from dropout to graduate is a pretty big thing for me, and I'm hoping to take some of the positive momentum from this to help finish some of my other life goals.

My last day of classes was on Thursday (May 3rd) of last week. On Friday, I was all out of excuses and reasons to procrastinate, so I loaded up the free workout and got started. After the workout, I was browsing before I had to go to work, and found the 6-week challenge here on the message boards. Unfortunately, I was already 2 days late for the deadline to sign up.

It's been a week, now. I've decided that I'll parallel the program in the blog associated with this account. Having any sort of a record to look back on, and definite goals to work towards, can only help me. Soon, I will have my 4.5-week challenge posted to my blog. I plan to follow the adventurer class challenges, and have even completed the first week's challenge. And I'll be ready to officially participate in the next one.

Tansden: Level 2 Hylian Assassin | Current QuestSTR 3 | DEX 6 | STA 4 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

Welcome. You sound like a very creative and intelligent person. And someone who is ready to begin the fitness journey. The first time I did the challenge it was just on my own since I was too late. It was good practice. You can post your workoutson the workout logs sections so you can have some accountability and encouragement

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I hadn't noticed a workouts log, but now that I looked, I see it there. This is a good plan. I'll put together a post to log the workouts I did, so that I can begin to keep track!

Thank you so much for pointing that out!

Tansden: Level 2 Hylian Assassin | Current QuestSTR 3 | DEX 6 | STA 4 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

Your story sounds a lot similar to mine. Welcome to the Rebellion! Congrats on going back to school and graduating!

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

Archived