Forums are back in action! ×

I'm going to lose some weight, no, for real this time!

Hello All! I'm Brittany, my friends call me Br!t3r! I'm quickly approaching my 25th birthday (in three days!) and I'm far from pleased with the way my life is thus far... weight, health, eating habits, unhealthy habits.... I kept seeing an old neighborhood friend's post about losing weight on Facebook and have been off and on wanting to lose weight for quite some time now. I've started doing research and stumbled upon NF. The blogs are absolutely hilarious while still being informative and tailored for us nerds, Love it! I've decided to join the ranks! While weight loss is a goal of mine I also want to as Steve would say "level up my life" as well!!!

Well... Let's do the damn thing!

Check out my weight-loss blog

http://www.fitterbritter.wordpress.com

Welcome to the Rebellion! I agree with MirGSS and also recommend doing some research as to deciding what your immediate goals are right now, you can search through some of the NF articles to help you find some answers there, and when you're done you can ask the forums about anything you might need, from advice to Motivation! Just don't hesitate to ask! See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I've thought more about my goals and I'm making a list! I've already achieved one of my goals, "lose 5 lbs" just by cutting back on soda. I've been reading various articles on here and the Paleo diet intrigues me but scares me at the same time. I'm an EXTREMELY picky eater and I hate cooking! I also don't want to change things overnight because I'm more likely to give up so I'm going to try to incorporate as much paleo as I can each week. If anyone has any good Paleo diets for a picky eater I would greatly appreciate them!

Curious - how do you pronounce Br!t3r?

Regarding diet, I know what you mean by changing what you eat too much too fast. I had a hamburger today with bun. I would recommend tackling one thing at a time - I started with sugar. If there is any substance where bad begets bad for me, it's sugar. Sugar just makes me want more sugar, and so I have to avoid it.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Sugar elimination is going well. I'm not perfect & the incessant frickin' potlucks at work don't help, but I find that when it comes to sugar & carb elimination success begets success. And failure doesn't beget failure unless I allow it.

I think one of my favorite of the NF blog entries was along the lines of stop shoulding yourself. If you catch yourself saying I should, or I'm gonna, stop right there and go out and do something. In my case that led to a 10:15 PM workout last night, but I'm pretty sure everybody said this was not gonna be easy.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Hey to you br!t3r, I'm Ocelot and its just been my birthday too. May babies, we should adventure together! I agree with dropping sugar, I'm gonna do the same from tomorrow. It's definitely a nightmarish substance. Apart from that I'm still figuring out the diet thing, but I think fruit and vegetables is the way to go. I like cooking myself, so if you want any tips I can help out there. Stay strong!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Sugar elimination is going well. I'm not perfect & the incessant frickin' potlucks at work don't help, but I find that when it comes to sugar & carb elimination success begets success. And failure doesn't beget failure unless I allow it.

I think one of my favorite of the NF blog entries was along the lines of stop shoulding yourself. If you catch yourself saying I should, or I'm gonna, stop right there and go out and do something. In my case that led to a 10:15 PM workout last night, but I'm pretty sure everybody said this was not gonna be easy.

You can do it! I have faith in you! Baby steps, do a little bit at a time!

Hey to you br!t3r, I'm Ocelot and its just been my birthday too. May babies, we should adventure together! I agree with dropping sugar, I'm gonna do the same from tomorrow. It's definitely a nightmarish substance. Apart from that I'm still figuring out the diet thing, but I think fruit and vegetables is the way to go. I like cooking myself, so if you want any tips I can help out there. Stay strong!

Would love to adventure together :) Where are you from? I will defiantly be hitting you up for some good recipes. I'm not exactly a cook ><

If you're still looking for food tips, I solidly recommend a low-carb insulin control diet like Paleo or Primal.

Especially if you have impulse and portion control issues like I do, primal (my choice) can go a LONG way in making sure you feel sated and well fed while limiting cravings AND making sure you have all the energy and nutrients you need to do as much physical activity as you like.

One day at a time. No excuses. Battle Log | Current Challenge - Bleep All the Things

I'm in the UK :] Its been quite refreshing cooking with purely vegetables. I'm sure I'm not paleo, due to using oil and spices but at least they are only a negligible part of the whole. My favourite thing though is just to bake a load of veggies and... well, eat it. Nom.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

I'm in the UK :] Its been quite refreshing cooking with purely vegetables. I'm sure I'm not paleo, due to using oil and spices but at least they are only a negligible part of the whole. My favourite thing though is just to bake a load of veggies and... well, eat it. Nom.

Oil and spices aren't what get in the way the most... since you're only mentioning veggies, lack of meat/diverse source of high-fat proteins would be what REALLY keeps you from paleo!

Most veggies I know have to eat at least some beans or tofu to keep going.

One day at a time. No excuses. Battle Log | Current Challenge - Bleep All the Things

Archived